Backstrom vs Stamkos

Backstrom vs Stamkos

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I am a Caps fan and know what Bäckis provides, 70-80 pts a year with selke calibre defense and has over the last few years evolved in to an absolute stellar post season player. This on a tiny tiny contract.

Might be biased here, but I pick him.

Stamkos is a premier goalscorer and one of the best pointgetters in the league but I dont think he has the same overall skillset as Bäckstrom does.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Backstrom because he's far superior defensively and isn't a Playoff choker.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Stamkos peak was short.

Backstrom is Bergeron without the reputation pr. Backstrom is Bergeron without the shadow of the game's biggest personality.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Stamkos is better offensively and defensively. Don’t understand where this myth about Backstrom being good defensively comes from.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Stamkos is better offensively and defensively. Don’t understand where this myth about Backstrom being good defensively comes from.
He's clearly not better defensively and offensively he really isn't since his injuries. Prior to his injuries he was, but he's never been the 2 way player Backstrom has been.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Shutting down purely offensive players like Stamkos in the Playoffs.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Selke finishes (only doing too 20 finishes)
Backstrom: 10/11/12/7/18
Stamkos: .....
Backstrom is definitely far superior defensively than what Stamkos is. Take those blinders off.
Stamkos.png

Reactions: Vesperia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad