Backstrom + Michalek or Vanek?

33Roy33

Jun 22, 2006
Corner Brook
Hey I am in a sim league with ratings based on NHL stats, I have the choice to keep Vanek who should be rated very nicely next season or acquire both Niklas Backstrom and Milan Michalek. I know Vanek is going to be rated much better then MM next season. Do you guys think that getting an amazing prospect like Backstrom makes it woth my while to trade Vanek? Thanks

Tony_S*

Hey I am in a sim league with ratings based on NHL stats, I have the choice to keep Vanek who should be rated very nicely next season or acquire both Niklas Backstrom and Milan Michalek. I know Vanek is going to be rated much better then MM next season. Do you guys think that getting an amazing prospect like Backstrom makes it woth my while to trade Vanek? Thanks
How long is your fantasy league lasting?

Lucifer_Devils

Mar 8, 2006
In 2010 your team will benefit to have Backstrom and Michalek as offensive leaders even if Vanek scores 50 goals and finishes +42

33Roy33

Jun 22, 2006
Corner Brook
Fantasy league goes on indefinitely. So basically what I am trying to decide is if the short term loss of Vanek in my lineup is worth the longterm gain of having both MM and Backstrom on my team.

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
Fantasy league goes on indefinitely. So basically what I am trying to decide is if the short term loss of Vanek in my lineup is worth the longterm gain of having both MM and Backstrom on my team.

Michalek is a very good two-way forward and a sure top-6 NHLer. Backstrom will very likely be a first line center with AO on his line. There´s very limited risk that you will lose this trade long term, even if Backstrom would "only" become a 2nd line center you´d be the winner.

1st line winger for 1st line center + 2nd line winger. simple math.

TVanek26*

Short term you're getting corn holed hardcore...Vanek has 2x as many goals as Michalek and is a +38.....And long term it's no guarantee either, in Fantasy I would never trade the Best Player in the deal, unless your getting players near their skill/productiom level, and Backstrom isn't even in America yet, and Michalek hasn't come close to matching Vanek's production yet.

toastman344*

Man Backstrom's gonna get lots of ice time with Semin and OV !

Are U Kidding Me ???...That Young Swede is a Great Setup Man...Take Backstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->