WWE: Backstage concern over Finn Balor's health; Bayley's future on main roster

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
While the table was set by athletes like Rollins, Ambrose, and Wyatt in NXT... I think the new age takeover was after they had already departed.

From the recent call-ups, they've ruined every woman who was dominating in NXT. Emma and Paige were first. They went from putting on one of the best women's matches I've seen to nothing. Emma recently put on one incredible match with Asuka... but was a comedy bit on the main roster who never put on a single good match. Paige, Banks, Lynch, and the rest of the gang haven't put on one memorable match.

As for the guys... Neville went from a wrestler to a high-flyer known or doing flippy stuff. Breeze is already a jobber when he could be a VERY fun mid-card heel (googs it!).

Long story short, I just don't see why people think Bayley is safe from the main roster woes. I think she could be ruined by Vince. She needs good storylines where fans can really engage in what she does best. 4 minute matches and "diva" ******** will not do it. She also is a GREAT storyteller. Vince will **** up how to book Bayley.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
would bringing back the cruiserweight and making it clear that one of the IC/US is the spot for 'young' talent make the translation from NXT to WWE any better? So basically when you graduate from NXT, you go into the tag team division, the women's division, or one of the cruiserweight or IC/US. You've got a clear spot to display your talent. And hey, fans will always mark out for a new belt, if it's not treated like a joke

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
This is just a REALLY slow burn on an eventual roster vs Cena feud. Eventually Cena will be left with an entire roster of guys that he personally killed their push.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
would bringing back the cruiserweight and making it clear that one of the IC/US is the spot for 'young' talent make the translation from NXT to WWE any better? So basically when you graduate from NXT, you go into the tag team division, the women's division, or one of the cruiserweight or IC/US. You've got a clear spot to display your talent. And hey, fans will always mark out for a new belt, if it's not treated like a joke
No need for that. What you actually need is squash matches to be a thing again.

First match, squash Darren Young. Get the Unprettier and Beauty Shot over as his big moves. Talk up how that he's a model and fights to stay in shape. Get over that he's been in the title picture in NXT for a long time now facing guys like Neville and Owens.

Next match squash face Heath Slater. Breeze (correctly) calls him an uggo in a backstage bit in his dressing room, and we get across the idea that he sees him self as someone who's better than you in every way. A perfect ten you could say... Someone who deserves his own dressing room, not a shared locker like everyone else.

Then we squash Stardust, but it starts of more even than before. Stardust being the strange character that he his makes it s fun match. We get over the idea of 'don't touch the face'. (Call back to the late Cody Rhodes). Stardust can make exaggerations of this without it being a fully comedy so it works great. Breeze goes into a rage when Stardust almost playfully pokes him on the cheek, and it turns into a squash. Gets over that he's not just a pretty face, but has a mean streak too.

Around this time we can introduce Summer to Breeze. Get over the idea that he's attaching herself to the hottest new property in the WWE. Gives his playboy persona more validity. Have her come down to watch his matches, maybe even sit on commentary if she can do it well enough to get him over more.

At this point we can also give him some mic time, calling out the audience and what ever. Call out Ryback as an ugly guy ('cos he is) and that gives his first real match. We use this to get over the fact that he's far more resilient than he looks.

Then we can move on to a program with Ziggler. Show off vs playboy works well enough and it's his first real feud. Breeze goes over. After this have him sate that as such a world travelled star model (we bring this up in interviews he will have been doing), it is only fitting that he should have the Intercontinental Championship, and that he intends to challenge current holder.

And from there you can go anywhere. This kind of thing requires NXT-like commentary as they play such an important roll in getting over the qualities that are being showcased by Breeze in each of his matches. They're the ones who would be building the hype for him as a real challenge to Ambrose or Owens for the IC title.

This kind of thing works for basically anyone you bring up. Give everyone a winning debut and you can make them look legit before they go into their first real program with an upper card guy.

Oct 18, 2011
lets face it, anyone whos a heel is going to be fed to cena and reigns, and then pushed down the card, just watch.

Oct 18, 2011
lets look case by case

breeze and neville...it's easy to see why they are where they are.

neville is a great athlete and a physical specimen, but he has NO personality or charisma. He does all the stereotypical babyface crap. he may eventually get over for how good he is in the ring, but daniel bryan never reached that next level until he turned heel and showed his personality, does neville have that in him?

breeze..i've been over it before, i don't care for the gimmick the metrosexual pretty boy thing with the tassles on his boots won't get over beyond low mid card. in the ring he needs to show some viciousness and cheat beyond the typical lame heel cheat spots WWE does.

the women...wwe does not treat women like wrestlers, they can get over if you remove all the stupid BS that the wwe does. get rid of the divas title, and the term diva, the UFC womens champions do not have belts that look like toys. vince doesn't see money in women imo...

owens has a chance, but will wwe run with a guy who looks like that? he has all the tools otherwise to be a main eventer, he kind of has the look of a school yard bully. he gets the nuances and is an elite promo, not afraid of real heat.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Finn's New Year's resolution is to win the WWE Title.

Finn Bálor

@wwebalor

#ResolutionsFor2016
Be a positive influence
Preform at MSG
Become the best
Win the WWE world title
Change everything

So now he wants to come up?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So maybe he will come up to the main roster after all?

I mean he can only accomplish all those goals on the main roster. Don't see any takeovers happening at MSG.

Imagine he only wants to come up if it means main event picture. He definitely doesn't want to come up Neville or Breeze style and it sounds like even the KO path is to slow for his tastes.

He wants the rocket on his back. I'm not sure he will get it. Especially this year.

HeymanGuy

Sep 10, 2014
Kitchener, Ontario
lets face it, anyone whos a heel is going to be fed to cena and reigns, and then pushed down the card, just watch.

This is why Piper refused to lose to Hogan in WWF, he was smart enough to know he would be pushed down the card at the time if he did it. Look what happened to Bundy the year after the first WM..

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I read this as "Bayley Club" and was really, really confused.

LOL Fixed, My dyslexia kicked up in this thread.

Though there is a Banks Club now.

CX_hRaNWsAExuW8.jpg

She tweeted this at Nakamura.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad