Backpacking Cameroon

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Planning a trip to Cameroon this fall. Looking for advice for places to stay, places to avoid, activities to partake in, etc.

do not believe you. I do believe you are trying to get the silly backpacking threads we had a few years ago going again

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
I really like the Southwest Province, especially the area around Mount Cameroon and Lebialem.

I never had any problems while there. Just try to avoid the police and military and never try take any pictures of them or their buildings.
The most dangerous thing you can do in Cameroon, is getting in a car or on a bike, which unfortunately you have to do a lot.

Food is really not that good in Cameroon but you have plenty of fresh fruits you can buy at every corner.

Bring lots of patience with you and be aware that people do not tend to be on time when you make an appointment. If you have an appointment with somebody, always wait until that person calls you from the meeting point and then go there, otherwise you will wait for hours.

People will always ask for your phone number, even if you just met them 5 minutes ago. Don't worry, just say no. If you give your number to someone, be aware of the beep.

For more questions you can pm me.

Enjoy your time there.

TJ Hooker

May 25, 2017
I really like the Southwest Province, especially the area around Mount Cameroon and Lebialem.

I never had any problems while there. Just try to avoid the police and military and never try take any pictures of them or their buildings.
The most dangerous thing you can do in Cameroon, is getting in a car or on a bike, which unfortunately you have to do a lot.

Food is really not that good in Cameroon but you have plenty of fresh fruits you can buy at every corner.

Bring lots of patience with you and be aware that people do not tend to be on time when you make an appointment. If you have an appointment with somebody, always wait until that person calls you from the meeting point and then go there, otherwise you will wait for hours.

People will always ask for your phone number, even if you just met them 5 minutes ago. Don't worry, just say no. If you give your number to someone, be aware of the beep.

For more questions you can pm me.

Enjoy your time there.
Awesome. Thank you so much.

Any must sees while I'm there?

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
just tryna go for a walk bros

boko.jpg

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance