NHL Backes suspended three games

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Boston Bruins forward David Backes has been suspended for three games, without pay, for an illegal check to the head of New Jersey Devils forward Blake Coleman during NHL Game No. 567 in Boston on Thursday, Dec. 27, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 17:57 of the third period. Backes was assessed a minor penalty for illegal check to the head.

Backes is considered a repeat offender under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and, based on his average annual salary, will forfeit $219,512.19. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I suppose if Coleman was bugging the **** out of him Backes might snap & retaliate. Otherwise I can't understand it at all.

I think they just missed an almost goal to make it 4-3 after that goal to make it 4-2 coupled Coleman was just there to take that out on.

Last edited:

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Life aint fair.

So sayeth whomever was the one getting caught.
Not getting caught and having it be ignored by the suits that preach don’t seak retribution because we will look after the players is just wrong. I don’t care how you make it look. Maybe he does deserve it but he also deserves the support from the same suits.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Not getting caught and having it be ignored by the suits that preach don’t seak retribution because we will look after the players is just wrong. I don’t care how you make it look. Maybe he does deserve it but he also deserves the support from the same suits.

Did Marchand get hit before or after the backes cheap shot? If it was after thanks a lot backes

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
After. They saw a chance to payback for Johnsson a bit and took it. Would have preferred a fight but whatever.

Noesen should get 2 games for the Donato cheap shot

Thought so. Way to give NJ a reason 6 mill dollar leader backes. Id buy him out today. NJ had no reason for retaliation at that point. Total bust

Reactions: BaBaBruins

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

If I'm Brad I go back to being Brad. Keep the other team on edge thinking he can snap at any minute.

The word has been out for a while now and every dirtbag in the NHL knows its open season on Marchand and they can get away with any short of shooting him on the ice.

Protect yourself in any way you need to Brad. Oh and Backes you're an idiot and I wish you would just go away. Looking forward to seeing the equally useless player Noel Acciari take your spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->