Speculation: Back up for Schneider

galiano

Mar 12, 2003
why do you ask ?
Visit site
Watching the Chicago game last night and looking at his numbers this season, Matt Climie deserves a shot. He's a big, athletic goalie who might just be the answer.

But I suspect it will be Dan Ellis unless a goalie comes back in a Florida deal.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
Watching the Chicago game last night and looking at his numbers this season, Matt Climie deserves a shot. He's a big, athletic goalie who might just be the answer.

But I suspect it will be Dan Ellis unless a goalie comes back in a Florida deal.

Ellis signed with Carolina.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I say Raycroft. That way we can troll Leaf nation if we win the cup. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, him or Huet would be my choices. Both would come extremely cheap and would not be slated to play many games anyway.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Damnit Ellis signed in Carolina, they could be a solid team. Their AHL guys were terrific (Bowman, Dalpe, Boychuk, Terry, Faulk, etc.) for the first half of the year.

Steve Bennett*

how about Reimer?

Gardiner, Reimer, Bozak, Frattin, 1st
Luongo, Raymond, Ballard, 4th

That would be an even trade except I wouldn't want to give up that 4th rounder unless the Leafs included a couple more prospects...

Canucker24

Jan 13, 2013
no relation...from the same area and its been the rumour around here...and just was bored for the first time thats why its my first post

KidCanuck*

If Luongo gets moved and a goalie isn't coming back the other way, who do we try to get to fill the back up role?

Is there another Luongo that is a capable NHL backup that I don't know about? :sarcasm:

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
If Luongo gets moved and a goalie isn't coming back the other way, who do we try to get to fill the back up role?

Is there another Luongo that is a capable NHL backup that I don't know about? :sarcasm:

Maybe he meant Luongo is going to be the starter and what we need to know is who is going to back him up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->