Speculation: Back to Fairytale land

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Just for the fun of it, and i repeat FUN, so don't get all upset at this idea

Fast forward to the lottery and low and behold the hockey gods have awarded the red wings with the 1st pick in the draft, the crowd cheers Dahlin, Dahlin, Dahlin, but during draft day GM Kenny Holland get's a phone call with 60 seconds left on the clock and it's Ron Francis from the hurricanes on the other line and he is prepared to offer

Martin Necas C/RW 2017 12th overall
Jake Bean LHD 2016 13th overall
and the 9th pick in the 2018 draft for #1

What is kenny's response ?

The reason i'm bringing this up is we could seriously improve our rebuilding process with 3 great assets and it's fun to talk about while we wait to find out where we are picking anyway.

I know you don't give up the #1 but i'm just trying to find an offer that is very tempting but not overkill.

what would it take for kenny to pull the trigger to trade that #1 ?

Again this is all for fun, a nice little time waster to add to the thread.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I don't take it......if Dahlin is truly a "generational" talent, you always go for the best player. Now if we get that offer and we have the 2nd overall pick, different story.

Reactions: jkutswings

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Just for the fun of it, and i repeat FUN, so don't get all upset at this idea

Fast forward to the lottery and low and behold the hockey gods have awarded the red wings with the 1st pick in the draft, the crowd cheers Dahlin, Dahlin, Dahlin, but during draft day GM Kenny Holland get's a phone call with 60 seconds left on the clock and it's Ron Francis from the hurricanes on the other line and he is prepared to offer

The reason i'm bringing this up is we could seriously improve our rebuilding process with 3 great assets and it's fun to talk about while we wait to find out where we are picking anyway.

I know you don't give up the #1 but i'm just trying to find an offer that is very tempting but not overkill.

what would it take for kenny to pull the trigger to trade that #1 ?

Again this is all for fun, a nice little time waster to add to the thread.

I'd say Hanifin and Necas. Or, no.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
during draft day GM Kenny Holland get's a phone call with 60 seconds left on the clock and it's Ron Francis from the hurricanes on the other line and he is prepared to offer

Shuts the phone, if Francis isn't offering a Lindros-package.

Rasmus Dahlin is special. One-of-a-kind.

You don't trade those players. You will try to lock them forever.

Reactions: kliq

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I agree, swap Bean for Slavin or Hanifin and i MIGHT consider it. I still think i'd stick with Dahlin regardless. He is just too damn good to pass up... he's going to be like Karlsson if not better.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The only way I entertain ANY offer for Dahlin is if I don't think he's the player he's been hyped up to be.

If I think he's the clear-cut #1, and a possible generational talent - at DEFENSE, no less - there isn't a trade offer on earth that another team would be willing to make that I'd accept.

I use all of 10 seconds to triple check that his name is spelled correctly on my card, and I sprint to the podium to take him.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Slavin would have to be involved for me to even consider it, but even then it would have to be quite a package, and I'd probably still say no. If Dahlin is all that he's billed as, I can't imagine a better asset to build around.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I’d consider that package if we have the 6th pick.

For #1? I cross Ron Francis’ name off the list of sane GMs.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If this is Fun, I hate fun. That offer gets laughed at, and Ken Holland falls back in his chair and rolls around for the next decade in laughter.

Only way I would consider Dahlin, is honestly, for Connor McDavid, or maybe Auston Matthews, can't think of anyone else that would make you take the risk of passing on Dahlin. Dahlin could bust, and you kick yourself, but if you trade the pick away, and he becomes the elite defender many project him as, you would be kicking yourself much more.

Reactions: rhef3

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Just trying to gauge what it would take to tilt the needle

Obviously mcdavid won't happen, but it's good to see the hype on dahlin.

The thought process here was a faster rebuild with solid assets, I personally wouldnt trade that first pick but at a glance

Slavin/necas and the 9th pick would give me a pause.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->