Kings Article: Back on the Radar: Maxim Kitsyn

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Nice writeup for NHL.com by The Mayor. Pairs nicely with Gann's writeup on him.

Love the determination and grit.

"Christie also just laughs when asked about all of Kitsyn’s fights in the ECHL.

“Kitsy just loves to play the game. It doesn't matter. All the altercations this year are just him going to the net. He's making other teams upset because he's creating space for himself and obviously guys don't like that and they get a little antsy. Especially with him being a Russian. [Trouble] finds him because he works so darn hard. That's the best way to describe it. He plays so hard that it comes to him because he goes to those areas that people don't like people to go to. He’s not a fighter, but Kitsy steps right up to them; he's willing to battle his way through each and every night.""

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=749782

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
Between Maxim Kitsyn and Dwight King, I'm not sure who looks more like Lurch from the Addams Family.

Definitely a smiling Dwight King trollface here.

1850277-lurch.jpg

Yet so Maxim Kitsyn here, right down to the hair.

lurch4.jpg

You have to admire his comments in the article about not giving up though and how you have to put in the effort to dig yourself out of your own rut. Good stuff that says a lot about his character.

“I never asked for a trade,†he emphatically stated. “It’s my career, not anybody else’s. Some people [suggested] that I should have. I am not an enemy to myself, so I don’t think about trading. I didn’t ask anybody; I didn’t think about it. You have to try to get better every day on any team or any league that you play in. So, I just tried to work hard every game, every shift. I always try my best to be positive. It’s not always easy, it’s not very pleasant. But I think I’m getting better and hope one day luck will cometo me.â€

Last edited:

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Nice Article.

I think Kitsyn has been okay in his returned to the AHL. He had a GREAT first game. But he has come back down a little be since. He was even a healthy scratch two games ago. But got right back in the line-up for the next game. With that said he still looks MUCH better then he did in his first stint in Manchester, in which he just looked lost out there. Which Yannetti refers to in the article.

I'm not sure if he'll ever be on the Kings or the in NHL. But I think he has the potential to be impact player for next couples seasons for the Monarchs (or whatever they will be called next year). It doesn't sound like the Kings haven given up on him yet. Which is good to see. The kid kinda got ****ed over by his team in the KHL. Good to see the Kings still trying to develop him.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kitsyn's only fan still obsesses over him. That's cute. He's almost 30 and isn't even good enough to play in the KHL and couldn't even hang in the AHL. It's time to give up that dream.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Quite literally?

He purchased the entire league? On a minor-league Russian player's salary?

It was only literally-figuratively-literally...... I couldn't find the format for footnotes, so just left it as is.......

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Ironic he's the same poster who gets bent out of shape if you start a post with "I mean..."

Also, I've had MASSIVE sleep apnea for the past several months and have been awake since 9:30pm last night. It's 'cuz the Stock Market weirdos keep hacking the computer, the phone, the TV, the DVR, and throwing rats into the backyard. Seriously, these clowns will call up with phony caller IDs and do this, like, 27 times in a day (I think that was their record). IMHO, it's all part of some stupid gauntlet/stress test they're putting me through, to see if I have what it takes to be one of them. Yes, it's all a bunch of BS, but I'll own my own NHL franchise before anybody else on these damned boards, that's for sure! And when that happens, I'll have the wherewithal to pay peeps to post for me.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Let the past die.

Dunno. He might be one of these ultra-late bloomers. Remember Philip (sp?) Boucher? The dude languished in the minors until he was 28. All of a sudden, everybody wanted him. Kitsyn might do something similar.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Philippe Boucher? Who played over 300 NHL games before he was 28?

Maybe I'm thinking about the age he was when we could no longer afford to keep him? Dunno..... I'll have to look it up when I get more time......

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
It's 'cuz the Stock Market weirdos keep hacking the computer, the phone, the TV, the DVR, and throwing rats into the backyard. Seriously, these clowns will call up with phony caller IDs and do this, like, 27 times in a day (I think that was their record). IMHO, it's all part of some stupid gauntlet/stress test they're putting me through, to see if I have what it takes to be one of them.
did i miss something?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
It's 'cuz the Stock Market weirdos keep hacking the computer, the phone, the TV, the DVR, and throwing rats into the backyard. Seriously, these clowns will call up with phony caller IDs and do this, like, 27 times in a day (I think that was their record). IMHO, it's all part of some stupid gauntlet/stress test they're putting me through, to see if I have what it takes to be one of them. Yes, it's all a bunch of BS, but I'll own my own NHL franchise before anybody else on these damned boards, that's for sure! And when that happens, I'll have the wherewithal to pay peeps to post for me.

did i miss something?
You only missed it because you did not send in the $10,000 to help the deposed Prince escape with $1,000,000,000,000 dollars. We've emailed you how many times with no response?

Basilisk is already on stage 3 of the test to prove he is worthy.
Only 87 more stages to go for him and the money is all his. I bet he can taste the money already.

Hurry up and send in your $10,000 grand tny. There are only so many deposed Princes in the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Basilisk

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
You only missed it because you did not send in the $10,000 to help the deposed Prince escape with $1,000,000,000,000 dollars. We've emailed you how many times with no response?

Basilisk is already on stage 3 of the test to prove he is worthy.
Only 87 more stages to go for him and the money is all his. I bet he can taste the money already.

Hurry up and send in your $10,000 grand tny. There are only so many deposed Princes in the world.

LoL! If I'm only on stage 3 and there's 87 stages left, I might not live out the year!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->