Pre-Game Talk: Back home to face two high scoring teams, vs. OTT, WSH

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
After gaining 4 out of 6 points on the Cali roadtrip we're heading back home to face two high scoring and tough teams.

jg359z.jpg

Ugh…

Good news is that with Vermin sent back to SYC it looks like Palat or Paquette or both could be returning during either of these home games.

Bad news is that both these teams have really good PP's, something that our team, as we are all painfully aware of, have not.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Ovi always score 5 goals against us and nobody will cover Karlsson.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean - I don't even care anymore. Just want this crappy season to be over with.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
What? Don't give up, man. Things can always change. It doesn't look good but damn I was at a cup game 6 months ago with the same team

This is not the same team. The players may be the same, but the team isn't. That team was hungry. This team is fat and lazy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I still believe in this team, we still have 2/3rds of the season left. Coop just needs to make some changes to the top 6 again. The PP won't get better regardless who he puts on or takes off, needs a different plan. But between bad luck, dissallowed goals, efforts in the wrong place and time, and having a SCF hangover it's been a tough season production wise. Our team has been very good defensively. So not much to improve there. I think it's time to take more risks, try and create those odd man rushes, and get the defense involved in the offense. Bishop is having a great enough season that he can be tested a couple of more times a night if it leads to offense the other way.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Even at this point? I know we had a similar record a couple weeks ago, but when did the Rangers start going up?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Even at this point? I know we had a similar record a couple weeks ago, but when did the Rangers start going up?

Around this time. I think around now is when they went on an insane tear.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Still not even slightly worried about missing the playoffs tbh...

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Maybe once Johnson is fully healthy and when Palat and Paq come back the team will just go on an insane winning streak....... :help:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Someone posted this in the other forum..

Lightning @ 28 games - 29 points

Dec 8th 2014, Rangers were @ 26 games, 28 points. so was Washington

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
No matter how you slice it you're going to regress when the best line in the game isn't even a line anymore. Some guys are playing better than last year, Sustr, Vlad or Drouin for example, some are a bit underachieving but nothing regressed more than the dominance of these 3 players combined.

I'm not even talking about pure points production but the way they used to control the pace of the game that made the life of the entire team easier. Of course they weren't healthy up to now, I'm neither looking for a scapegoat nor excuse... Also Detroit sent the blueprint to the whole league last year, same no excuse but the clutch and grab era is alive and well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad