Post-Game Talk (GBU): Baby Steps? Signs of Life?

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
Say what you want about Grigorenko, I thought he played well. Saw some fight from him tonight for the first time.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I've heard this forever.
People will think I'm nuts but the genesis of this attitude started in 2006-2007 when they had the talent to bail them out. Almost cost them that year against Rangers, finally killed them against Ottawa.
Now, this team is below average and coming out of the blocks slowly just leaves them doomed.
It's like it's something in the water in Sabresland.

No it's more like the realization that this team is terrible and that we're not going to win a whole lot of games this season. Has there been anything to prove otherwise? We get dominated every night with a couple flashes of good play in between, can't score to save our lives and are terrible at defending.

If we're a talented team and we're playing with desperation, then obviously losing is less acceptable.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Hodgson.

1 goal, 4 assists, 5 points in 6 games

I'm not quite sure where this "slow start" is coming from?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
G: Porter and Weber out, Miller, General play
B: Powerplay, penalty calls and offsides
U: this loss actually hurt because they were in it.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
This is the firat game Ive had a chance to watch (uni probs) and apart from the obvious miller and first line peformances I really liked what I saw from grigs, myers and pysyk. Ennis seemed to be buzzing as well

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Miller is frustrated. If this keeps up, he'll have a patented outburst soon.

In the past, I would have gotten on him for things like what you say above...

but reality is, he's a little girly...and he can't control that. A good teammate (and cognizant NHL netminder) would realize that - yes, in the history of games, there HAVE been times when a goaltender played extremely well for 3 or 4 whole games (!) but lost all of them. Woah!

I'm fine with his comments by the way

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Say what you want about Grigorenko, I thought he played well. Saw some fight from him tonight for the first time.

My favorite part of his night was right after he missed on the partial breakaway. As Chicago moved the puck back out of the zone, he went out of his way to put a pretty good hit on one of the defensemen along the wall.

I like that there's a little bit of emotion there. He wanted to score, was mad he didn't, and took it out on the other guys.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
My favorite part of his night was right after he missed on the partial breakaway. As Chicago moved the puck back out of the zone, he went out of his way to put a pretty good hit on one of the defensemen along the wall.

I like that there's a little bit of emotion there. He wanted to score, was mad he didn't, and took it out on the other guys.

I looked at the refs right after that hit to see if they called it :laugh:

quite late...but agreed that it's good to see for sure

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I thought Myers and Pysyk also had monster games (relatively speaking...) tonight as well.

Glad I'm not the only one who liked Myers tonight. He wasn't without mistakes, but he made some very good plays as well. Had some nice defensive plays with his stick, saved a goal in the crease, and took a few opportunities to jump in on the offense.

Pysyk is going to be a hell of a player. I expected he would be a good shutdown defender, but it looks like as he gets more confident and more comfortable out there, he's starting to assert himself a bit more offensively. Without checking one of those shift trackers or anything, it seemed like he spent a lot of time out there with Chicago's top line too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->