Babcocks comments on Alfie before det/ott game

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock says Alfredsson has been a "huge addition" to the team.

"If you sit next to him in the room you get better," said Babcock. "If you go to lunch with him you get better. If you're on his line you get better because he's a great player. He's calm on the bench, he's good in the dressing room.

"He's great for the coach because he's kind of like (ex-Red Wings star Niklas) Lidstrom, he doesn't mind coaching the coach a little bit, and helping him out. As long as you're willing to listen you have a chance to get better.

"I talk to him quite a bit. Over time even someone like me can learn."

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Tootoo sits in the stall next to him and he says he's learned alot listening to Alfie even though he's a veteran himself....

Frozen Fiend

DOUBLE D
Oct 22, 2007
Kalamazoo
"I talk to him quite a bit. Over time even someone like me can learn."

Orly.jpg

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think we all expect him to be a very nice addition to the dressing room.

Actually thought Babcock's comments on just him being judged as the kind of human he is and that the hockey part is so minimal to what his family and others think of him was the best quote from that day.

At the end of the day, much like Lidstrom you hear over and over what a spectacular person Alfie is. Heard it in Ottawa for years and now that is all we hear in Detroit. Special player and a special man, we should enjoy the time we get to have him even if he isn't the same elite hockey force on ice, everyone can learn from him and his insights in the game aren't going to be overlooked by his teammates, coaches and management it would seem from what we are seeing in quotes about him.

Hope he and his family are enjoying their new home, I think he has been pretty good so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad