Babcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
This is how I see it:

If Babcock wanted to coach a competitive team next season he would just stay in Detroit.
If he wanted to coach close to his "hometown" he would have went to Edm
If he wanted a challenge but with the promise of coaching a phenom he would have went to Edm.

We no these two teams are probably not in the cards at this point. So,

He could go to Buffalo to get a similar situation as he could get in Edm. But I'm going to go ahead and assume he wasn't interesed in Edm so really why Buffalo? Its not a first class city either lets face it.
Sure maybe he wins a cup one day in Buffalo. Great. Will anyone outside Buffalo really care?
Im trying to use deductive reasoning here.

So for me that leaves TOR and Philly. Unless a wild card blindsides everyone, such as Montreal firing their coach and hiring Babcock.

Your deductive reasoning is all nonsense. Hop back on the train.

Bps21*

I think Philly is actually a very intriguing job for him, should they pitch it correctly.

"Do you like a ton less cap space, far less assets and an organization that has yet to pick a direction other than throw **** against the wall year after year?"

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I hope some team comes out of nowhere and hires him. A team that would just stun everyone. A team I could see pulling this off: Minnesota.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"Do you like a ton less cap space, far less assets and an organization that has yet to pick a direction other than throw **** against the wall year after year?"

You clearly have no clue what's going on with the Flyers. Don't embarrass yourself.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Oh C'mon. You think they made a deal with TM without ever speaking to Babcock? Sure maybe they
didn't formally ask Detroit for permission but you honestly think old boy Nicholson and company didn't communicate with Bab?

I wish I viewed the world in such innocent ways.

To be honest, it's not a bad strategy. It's like the "ignore the blonde" theory in "A Beautiful Mind". While everyone's going hard after Babcock, and then going to try and court McLellan afterwards, why not go for the 2nd best choice where you'll have the distinct advantage over the rest of the field?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I haven't read the thread so I don't know what the word is, but since this whole thing started, St. Louis has seemed like an intriguing option if they decide to fire Hitch. A great roster already in place that might need a new voice to get over the hump. Seems like the perfect type of gig for him.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I haven't read the thread so I don't know what the word is, but since this whole thing started, St. Louis has seemed like an intriguing option if they decide to fire Hitch. A great roster already in place that might need a new voice to get over the hump. Seems like the perfect type of gig for him.

That was my dark horse pick too. I don't know what the $$ situation is like in STL though. Anyone else know?

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

Far less assets. Um, no it's just that theirs are more developed. Their forwards are clearly better than yours counting your potential and they have a goalie already. You're ahead on defense but they have potential there.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You can't be ****ing serious right now. Now it's speculation after using those same sources to prove he was interested in buffalo?

The only source that proves he may be interested in Buffalo is the fact that he visited the team.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
To be honest, it's not a bad strategy. It's like the "ignore the blonde" theory in "A Beautiful Mind". While everyone's going hard after Babcock, and then going to try and court McLellan afterwards, why not go for the 2nd best choice where you'll have the distinct advantage over the rest of the field?

That analogy was so stupid because it described the exact opposite to a Nash equilibrium.

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
That was my dark horse pick too. I don't know what the $$ situation is like in STL though. Anyone else know?

We have an owner that wants to win, and is a fan first, owner second. I think, and hope, he would pay to bring Babcock here. This team needs a kick in the ass, and I think Babcock is the guy to do it. He has a history with Armstrong from team Canada. He gets the chance to work with a young superstar in the making in Tarasenko. It all makes sense, just need to get it done.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

We haven't heard anything yet and our general concern is that the lack of any info could potentially mean that Hitchcock is brought back on a 1 year deal. Could also mean absolutely nothing but given Armstrong and Hitchcock's history many fans are concerned at the lack of info. I agree that the Blues look like a great match for Babcock. He seems very similar to Hitch in approach but perhaps a new voice and a couple of new faces at forward could be just what the Blues need.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
We haven't heard anything yet and our general concern is that the lack of any info could potentially mean that Hitchcock is brought back on a 1 year deal. Could also mean absolutely nothing but given Armstrong and Hitchcock's history many fans are concerned at the lack of info. I agree that the Blues look like a great match for Babcock. He seems very similar to Hitch in approach but perhaps a new voice and a couple of new faces at forward could be just what the Blues need.

Another thing is Babcock and Hitchcock are very good friends. If Blues fire Hitch to hire Babcock, I'm not so sure Babcock would be too interested in that.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

And maybe the Blonde isn't as hot as everyone thinks? :)

ek8iSPu.gif

Kidding of course. Whoever gets Babcock is damn lucky.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Another thing is Babcock and Hitchcock are very good friends. If Blues fire Hitch to hire Babcock, I'm not so sure Babcock would be too interested in that.

Hitchcock doesn't have a contract with the team currently. He may be willing to take a different role but again, no info atm.

But with no contract in place the Blues could just part ways with Hitch with no firing necessary.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

The Blues don't have to fire Hitchcock, it's been said that he's staying with the team in the front office. IF and that's a big IF Babcock entertains the idea of coming to the Blues, I'd bet Hitchcock would have a part in it.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
Take this with a grain of salt, and I don't even know if I believe it, but "someone who knows someone in Torontos inner-circle", has just told me they believe he will be coaching in TO next season.

Like I said, I don't know how reliable this person is and there is a high probability it is BS, but I thought I would report it.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
question I understand the giving up drafts now to sigh coaches but whats with this when coaches contract is done?

whats with givign up draft picks for babcock if his expires this year? kinda dumb if u ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad