Injury Report: Babcock: Polak is done for the rest of the year

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Remember when no one wanted Polak on the team and was too slow to play in the NHL.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Heroic effort by Polak down the stretch, his play picked up in a big way as the season wound down. Big hole in the PK now.

If this is the end (UFA), thanks for everything Roman.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
Damn, sucks to see him hurt like that. I wish the best for him and a speedy recovery. He really did a great job despite all the criticism.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
the worst part about it is that Polak was starting to look like Polak again. play wise + beard wise. now we'll have to wait to see the beard until NEXT April :nod:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
He had such an amazing Game 1.

Zaitsev and Polak out of an already thin defense is not good.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Polak - I was really critical all season but you really stepped up when we needed it.. lots of credit to you and I hope you can recover ..knee injuries at this point in your career are tough to come back from

southpaw24

Dec 3, 2005
Owen Sound, ON
Orpik is a ****ing reckless moron. **** that guy.

No, it's a fluke play. Roman tried to sidestep and caught legs. Wasn't the hit itself it was his landing, he toepicked and his leg twisted in a way it shouldn't.

We all know he is a gamer and alone tough SOB. Hope for a speedy recovery for the big man. Hope the boys can keep going hard and pull it out for him

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Thanks for everything Polak. I don't know if the Leafs will sign him and I hate that an injury is the last memory he will have of the Leafs. I'm hoping he recovers and plays well for whichever team he plays for, heck I wouldn't mind if the Leafs signed him as long as he's our 7th D.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Who was that guy who had an absolute meltdown when we signed him again?

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Polak with be a 31 year old unrestricted free-agent defenseman coming back from massive injury. The Knights with plenty of opportunities to pick some decent defensemen and looking for scoring help. Josh Leivo not making the roster and no room for him. I can see the Knights picking more blueliners then they need and making a deal with the Leafs. Might of seen Polak for the last time on the Leafs. I was thinking during this game how he just seemed like a beast out there. The stoic face alone under pressure was great.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
That looked terrifying. His ankle twisted all the way around so his toes faced his back. Polak hope you get better soon.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Too bad, he was in beast mode most of the last two weeks. Going to miss his physical presence on the blueline. He paid a price for sure. That leg looked nasty. Best of luck to him recovering.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Thanks for everything Polak. I don't know if the Leafs will sign him and I hate that an injury is the last memory he will have of the Leafs. I'm hoping he recovers and plays well for whichever team he plays for, heck I wouldn't mind if the Leafs signed him as long as he's our 7th D.

i'd say probably a PTO, one year only. w/a knee or ankle we'd need to see how he rebounds after rehab.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Polak was targeted by Orpik there. Some Caps player was yelling in Polak's face on the second goal, and then he got run on a pretty unusual play by a dirt bag player. So you can tell they decided to take Polak out to make life easier.'

Get well soon Polak, you're developing a bit of a nice playoff game. Hope the Leafs give him another year.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I wonder if we give him another contract. He was very good for us in the 2nd half of the year...this is a tough loss

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Damn is this unfortunate. Hopefully he recovers well and doesn't have any long term issues with it

The kind of warrior you need in the post season.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Sucks. Hes better than Marincin and Marchenko. Luckily Zaitsev is coming back so we don't need both of them playing. He was a good player especially on the PK. He was playing really well recently when he started to play more offensively too. Gonna be tough to replace.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Polak had stepped it up big time.

Who's next on the depth chart? Valiev has 10 career NHL games. Campbell has 42 career NHL games. Oleksy has 63 regular season games and 7 playoff games (with the Caps).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad