Babcock or Eakins for this team?

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
upload_2019-11-19_13-4-43.jpeg

We all know the true answer is the third coming of Carlyle.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Why would Eakins get fired? We're pretty much right where this team is expected to be, if not a bit above expectations (IMO at least) while the kids are barely producing outside of Steel and we're missing our top two defencemen.

The fact Babcock is struggling to get anything out of that Toronto team should tell you everything you need to know about his coaching ability these days. Game has passed him by.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Dallas isn't going anywhere for a few seasons. Sure it's frustrating watching a transitional year, but it's not like they've been healthy since the first few games of the year. The established vets are playing alright, but the kids aren't coming through right now so the roster is top heavy. If anything this stretch reflects more poorly on Bob and how short-sighted he really is, highlighted by the paper thin blueline depth and lack of good forwards drafted from 2012-2015.

Plus, even if Babcock did become available, no way the org spends the money to hire him. They won't give a HC more money than half the roster.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Dallas isn't going anywhere for a few seasons. Sure it's frustrating watching a transitional year, but it's not like they've been healthy since the first few games of the year. The established vets are playing alright, but the kids aren't coming through right now so the roster is top heavy. If anything this stretch reflects more poorly on Bob and how short-sighted he really is, highlighted by the paper thin blueline depth and lack of good forwards drafted from 2012-2015.

Plus, even if Babcock did become available, no way the org spends the money to hire him. They won't give a HC more money than half the roster.
Ritchie? Kase? Terry?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The team clearly hasn’t quit on Eakins, they’re just young and/or bad right now with the injuries. His system clearly can work in the NHL. Babcock likely isn’t available in 2 years.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
eakins isn't getting fired anytime soon. aside from scratching shore he's done a fine job so far

babcock has always been an overrated HC since he got to detroit. his only great coaching job was 03

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Eakins is doing just fine. Has some flaws but not that he has that great of a lineup. Damn, some overreaction on these boards lately. Some people are expecting we'll fight for a Stanley Cup this year

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Coaches don't seem to stay around as long anymore. If he loses the next lets say 5-6 games and doesn't make any adjustments I guess you still look upon it as a year to play the youth. But the ownership group is looking to fill the seats sell merchandise and make the franchise successful. Look at the Ottawa rebuild are the Ducks willing to wait that long?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Ritchie? Kase? Terry?

All three I'm disappointed with as they're not doing much this year to help us win by scoring a often.

Ritchie: Games = 20, Scoring: 2g +6a = 8 pts, Plus/Minus = -4
Kase: Games = 16, Scoring: 1g +6a = 7 pts, Plus/Minus = 2
Terry: Games = 21, Scoring: 2g +2a = 4 pts, Plus/Minus = - 6

I'm more disappointed with both Ritchie and Kase as they're the older youth group contingent who are supposed to be established NHL'ers.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The team clearly hasn’t quit on Eakins, they’re just young and/or bad right now with the injuries. His system clearly can work in the NHL. Babcock likely isn’t available in 2 years.

Eakins' PP unit isn't clearly working. I'm terrified that it won't improve this year. ::: sighs ::: But Eakins is safe this year.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Honestly, their record is better than what I thought it'd be. Their losing streak has coincided with massive injuries to the defense, so it is what it is.

I don't believe either BM nor Eakin trul believe they were going to be playoff contention this year.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
All three I'm disappointed with as they're not doing much this year to help us win by scoring a often.

Ritchie: Games = 20, Scoring: 2g +6a = 8 pts, Plus/Minus = -4
Kase: Games = 16, Scoring: 1g +6a = 7 pts, Plus/Minus = 2
Terry: Games = 21, Scoring: 2g +2a = 4 pts, Plus/Minus = - 6

I'm more disappointed with both Ritchie and Kase as they're the older youth group contingent who are supposed to be established NHL'ers.
When you see it on paper it looks depressing to say the least. What would you do with Terry?

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I was hoping for a .500 record with a healthy lindholm and manson.

sure the offence is underwhelming but I think you got give the guys 3/4 season to give it a chance. I would move vets if we get a great offer though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->