Prospect Info: Babcock: Mikheyev (LW) is going to be a big part of our team (next year) RE-VOTE his Center

Who will be Mikheyev's center next year?

• Total voters

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
full

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Well yeah, but I mean, you can't have it all with a salary cap. There's always going to "the other guy" on our top 2/3 lines. It's kinda always been that way anyway.

Other teams can...that's what happens when Nylander got an extra $500K, Matthews got an extra $600K, and Marner got an extra $1 million plus...these are your overpayments in AAV that could be used to extend someone like Mikheyev. He looks like he'll be a very good player in the NHL.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If mik has a 50 point years things will become interesting. Gonna be hard to keep him and retain our defenders who are free agents next year.

With the cap and expansion draft we will be losing 2 out of mik/hyman/kap/moore/Aj.

I would have said mik and Moore for sure at the start of the year. However Moore has looked amazing since preseason and is gonna be a hard guy to let go.

I think we deal Hyman this offseason and probably kapanen. Get back picks+top 4 defensive prospects.

Will be a battle for 3 spots moving forward for the 5 players

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
He seems like a player. Hope he can keep it up. No Zaitsev contracts though. Way faster than I was expecting.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Ilya Mikheyev seems to have more talent and poise than we were initially led to believe. I think we are sleeping on this guy. Excellent wheels and has that IT factor to him.

After watching some older footage in the KHL, it's pretty clear this guy has another level he can go to.

I think his ceiling is higher than a 40-50 pt scorer. Dare I say PPG player if given time with top 6 forwards?

I think hes gonna be very important this year, x-factor type.

I anticipate that he will get a nice contract by the Leafs at years end. Reminds me of the sort of domineering scorer type, stylistically somewhat similar to 34

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Gotta give Babs his due on this one. I had some big doubts but he finally got one right. But don't forget he made a few messes for Dubie to clean up. and give Dubie credit he did it. We gotta a really solid team this year with speed and skill. The only real question left for me is can we get it done in playoffs when speed and skill get reduced in importance. I am still hoping we can manage to get refs who will call the games by the NHL regular season rules. We can't repeat game 2 ever again. What a black eye for the NHL.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Ilya Mikheyev seems to have more talent and poise than we were initially led to believe. I think we are sleeping on this guy. Excellent wheels and has that IT factor to him.

After watching some older footage in the KHL, it's pretty clear this guy has another level he can go to.

I think his ceiling is higher than a 40-50 pt scorer. Dare I say PPG player if given time with top 6 forwards?

I think hes gonna be very important this year, x-factor type.

I anticipate that he will get a nice contract by the Leafs at years end. Reminds me of the sort of domineering scorer type, stylistically somewhat similar to 34

We were lead to believe he was pretty damn good by everyone involved. I am pleasantly surprised that the hype wasn't far off the mark. Will need some figuring out to make room for him next year, though if keeps this up.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
This kid just looks better and better.
He was fantastic on the PK last night. Really self-aware. Took the puck and skated out of trouble, then circled instead of getting caught on a low % scoring chance. As I shouted at my TV “are you watching that Mitch?”

this kid is a keeper. We need to lock him up.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Should absolutely be in the top six forwards. If they put him with Matthews and Nylander that line dominates. However it’s Tavares and Marner who are struggling the most with Kapanen killing so many opportunities. Swap him with Kappy and that line gets going again.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Should absolutely be in the top six forwards. If they put him with Matthews and Nylander that line dominates. However it’s Tavares and Marner who are struggling the most with Kapanen killing so many opportunities. Swap him with Kappy and that line gets going again.
They will be careful in how they utilize players that aren't signed past this season.
I agree Mikheyev would be a great choice to move up but inflated stats could force him or another off the team next year.

Reactions: TopCheese

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Really like his game and I can see him becoming a coaches favourite and getting more opportunities.

Right now the 3rd line has exceeded expectations mainly based on Mikheyev strong play, but that might be the reason the keep that line in tact while it working well.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Finally got a player out of Russia. how about that. feels good to finally connect on one after so many swings and misses in that part of the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad