Rumor: Babcock linked to Pens rumors

Anchor Town*

I'd trade Smith for a healthy Green, personally. I think they're somewhat similar players. Both skating-centric RD who get their points with smart pinches. Both cost their teams at times with bad pinches. Green doesn't bring that same edge, though, and he has a pretty scary injury history.

Really, I think I'd just like to get Smith away from Babcock. Even if not on the Wings, it's just a shame to see him get shut down like this by his coach. Then again, who's saying Babcock wouldn't give Green the Smith treatment? At least he's right-handed...

Smith is naturally a LD buddy...

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I'd trade Smith for a healthy Green, personally. I think they're somewhat similar players. Both skating-centric RD who get their points with smart pinches. Both cost their teams at times with bad pinches. Green doesn't bring that same edge, though, and he has a pretty scary injury history.

Really, I think I'd just like to get Smith away from Babcock. Even if not on the Wings, it's just a shame to see him get shut down like this by his coach. Then again, who's saying Babcock wouldn't give Green the Smith treatment? At least he's right-handed...

now i'm picturing Holland trading for Green and Babcock refusing to use him on the powerplay for some reason :laugh:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Smith is naturally a LD buddy...
He's really not.

It's always funny how everybody tries to say that only way to build a winning organization is to have your GM and head coach in a same plan.

Holland will want the exact opposite.
I think this is Holland's way of glossing over the fact that they fight over the direction of the team. They fight... but it's for the greater good, so come back, Mike! Not sure he's buying it.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
bobby mac on TSN radio.

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 58 s
McKenzie "before the summer is out, the Wings and Babcock could agree to a 5 year extension."

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1 min
McKenzie "it could go the other way and the Wings and Babcock might just play the year out & Blashill is a nice insurance policy"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 47 s
McKenzie "the Wings are doing with Blashill what they did with Jim Nill. They're buying his loyalty"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 20 s
McKenzie "Babcock has a contract and he plans on honouring it"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 2 min
McKenzie "this goes against the grain in the sense of Babcock being the next coach in Pitt or the future coach in Toronto..."

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1 min
McKenzie "...but, I wouldn't be surprised if Babcock & the Wings do a long term deal for a lot of money this summer"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 45 s
O'Neill asked McKenzie why Babcock wouldn't explore his options and try to get big money as a FA coach next year.

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 16 s
McKenzie responded with, who's to say the Wings won't just give him that money to stay put?

well they did pay sammy, cleary, tootoo and bert and kindl over 10 mil this past season. guess they could easily make babcock the highest paid coach in the league in a light of that. i guess we'd be talking 3 + mil annually.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
well they did pay sammy, cleary, tootoo and bert and kindl over 10 mil this past season. guess they could easily make babcock the highest paid coach in the league in a light of that. i guess we'd be talking 3 + mil annually.

Well, I already thought Babcock is the highest paid coach?

But the money won't be an issue. If the same ownership is ready to pay +200 million for a baseball player, some hockey coach could easily be kept at Hockeytown, no matter how much he will want.

Great hockey people deserve to be paid. And in a cap world, what would be better than overpay for a hockey coach, that isn't even count in the cap. :)

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
No interest in Bollig.

Or Handzus for that matter.

Or Quinnville. I'd rather promote Blashill.

That's probably the best thing they could do, promote a guy who has worked hard and found success. He is certainly better with euros and creative forwards than Babcock could ever dream to be. At one point Blashill was running a 5 forward powerplay and it was awesome. I think this guy could do a world of wonder for the Wings. Never like crabcocks painfully boring systems anyways. Please, Blashill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->