Post-Game Talk: Babcock and "Gud Pros" let Leafs down AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I don't know why matthews is getting defended. He played better today but he is our best player. He should be held at a bigger standard.

Him, nylander and marner need to be better. Simple.

Not even getting started on the defence.

Those 3 absolutely need to be better.
Those 3 are not the reason the team has let in, what is it, 12 goals in 2 games?

And anyone blaming the goalies.....watch the 7th Boston goal. Find me the white shirt within 15 feet of the Boston Bruin with the puck in the zone.

Babcock ought to make the team watch this game on loop for every waking hour over the next day.

Instead of going to the hotel and relaxing.....call all 20 players dressed tonight and force them to watch this. Twice. Tonight.
Anyone who isn't mortified should be sent home immediately.

Reactions: LeafsMonster

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Very dissapointing effort.
I dont care that the Leafs looked better late in the game considering Boston took their foot off the gas up 4 goals.
We need a more optimal lineup and that group needs to bring more intensity and attention to detail.

Boston is a really good team tho that many on this board vastly underrated for whatever reason.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
The Leafs blue-line just sucks. With a sprinkle of dumbfounded forwards who don't have the foggiest idea of what to do in their own end.

Reactions: Deku

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I’m going to Europe in May I was worried I might miss some leaf games. So silver linings and all that.

We are a young team who will be here again hopefully they all learn from this. Including our coach setting a game plan that fits our actual team s we aren’t relying on gud pros for far too much ice time

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I don't even think we're at .800% save percentage this series. The Leafs needed good goaltending to have a chance and Andersen just hasn't delivered. I don't even think I can come up with 1 big save in these 2 games. McBackup didn't do much better but at least he battled coming in cold I guess.

Terrible goaltending to terrible special teams so far. Probably the 2 biggest factors as to why the Leafs are having issues keeping up.

Not sure what they can do for Game 3 but if they can't get a save early in a playoff game, especially on the first shot on net, going up hill against a good team is demoralizing.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Two embarrassing games. It's one thing to lose, but at least make it competitive. Wasn't even enjoyable to watch.

I expect a lot better.

At least the Raptors broke their Game 1 curse. This night wasn't a total disappointment.

Reactions: NiftyMits

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I'm honestly OK if Nylander gets demoted to 4th line.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
You haven't lost a series until you lose at home. That said... uhh... yeah. This ain't good.

We never lost by 4 goals or more during the regular season. We've done that in both Game 1 and 2.

Every single player and coach should be embarrassed. Their performance in Boston has been a disgrace to the crest.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Start to wonder if the team is built for the regular season... with more penalties, less grit.

But for the playoffs, they just don't seem to have that "jam" to fight through checks.

Could just be they don't match up well with the Bruins. Don't know. Oh well. Sleep in day tomorrow.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
14 POINTS!

The Bruins top line had 14 points, and counting the first game have combined for 21 points I believe........... I don't have words.

Reactions: TMLS

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Not sure if I'm happy I missed this one or frustrated I cant add much to the comments.

Don't know where this team/series can even go from here. Hoping for a big game 3, but the game was over before the first period ended tonight. We need saves to get into this series and goaltending has let this team down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad