Confirmed with Link: [AZ/PHI] Shayne Gostisbehere, a 2022 2nd, and a 2022 7th from PHI for one US dollar

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
756DD0FB-1588-433E-9641-B3C326C82298.jpeg

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Ghost is showing he can still play. Philly bailed on him too early and gave us 2 picks just so they could unload his contract. And while not the strongest defensively, he's only a -1 on a team that has major problems scoring. Also, not trying to hate on OEL, but his resurgence has stalled. He's stuck at 3 pts.

Screenshot_20211111-052614.png

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
Ghost wasn't the problem in my view of the Flyers. It was the previous coaching and unfortunately, some of the issues continued so maybe some of it goes above. I think other GM's would have grabbed him up if he had been able to play to his potential.
Another note, I see some other Flyer people, such as myself, come on this forum and expect it is because, like me, they are Ghost fans. I pointed out my views back in a 10/9/21 thread stating much the same. He's fun to watch and a talented player.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I literally might die laughing if Ghost ends up an All-Star when our braindead GM traded assets to get rid of him, just to overpay to trade for arguably the worst D in the league with the opened cap space.

Glad he’s playing great and embarrassing the trashcan Flyers organization and unbelievably ignorant fanbase. Most of them still think he’s a terrible player and Ristolainen is an upgrade.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I literally might die laughing if Ghost ends up an All-Star when our braindead GM traded assets to get rid of him, just to overpay to trade for arguably the worst D in the league with the opened cap space.

Glad he’s playing great and embarrassing the trashcan Flyers organization and unbelievably ignorant fanbase. Most of them still think he’s a terrible player and Ristolainen is an upgrade.

Although, you do now also have the OG, Yandle, which Ghost is bringing back memories both fond and otherwise for us here in Arizona.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Ghost may actually want to stay on in Arizona, I imagine. He's probably just thankful he's away from the career sabotage that was happening in Philly.
Small Market, Not that much on Ice Drama, yeah i would stay too.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Defending the crease really isnt his forte, but I love that he will do everything he can to stop the puck despite that. Gets in there with his goalie if he has to.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
So some of you think Shane wants to hang around and deeply inhale the smoke of this tire fire?
Doubtful, imo

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
So some of you think Shane wants to hang around and deeply inhale the smoke of this tire fire?
Doubtful, imo

I think that'll depend a lot on how successful this rebuild looks (to him). For now, he's just riding that emotional high of getting the hell out of the bad situation he was in. Time will tell, and we need not worry about it until about a year down the line.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I would 100% try and move him for more draft picks. Crazy to think that a guy no one wanted could yield the Coyotes 3 or more prospects.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I think that'll depend a lot on how successful this rebuild looks (to him). For now, he's just riding that emotional high of getting the hell out of the bad situation he was in. Time will tell, and we need not worry about it until about a year down the line.
He’s 28 years old, it’s doubtful he’s considering anything other than doing his time here to the best of his ability, so he can be acquired by a contender.

Reactions: lanky

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
He’s 28 years old, it’s doubtful he’s considering anything other than doing his time here to the best of his ability, so he can be acquired by a contender.

Based on what I read concerning the work he and his wife did in the Philly community, they really wanted to stay there. I know all players more or less do community work, but for the Ghost family, it seemed to go above and beyond.

But I agree, send him to a contender before the TDL and keep stocking the draft/prospect cupboard.

Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Based on what I read concerning the work he and his wife did in the Philly community, they really wanted to stay there. I know all players more or less do community work, but for the Ghost family, it seemed to go above and beyond.

But I agree, send him to a contender before the TDL and keep stocking the draft/prospect cupboard.
At this point there’s little choice. We’re so gutted that it just doesn’t make sense to keep a player at his age.
Edit: Again,
It didn’t have to be this way. I find myself having to force my mind to skip over giving our situation and the deep roster gutting too much thought, telling myself, “it is what it is”, or I may go mad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad