Post-Game Talk: Awooos beat Meows 5-2. Win, lose, win, lose continues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Agree. Yandle getting way too much blame. We lost the special teams battle again! And their best player was so much more impactful than ours. Blaming Yandle bc we have to be overly aggressive to try to come back as the clock is ticking down is missing the real reasons we lost.
I like a lot of your posts but I’m going to take exception here. This is BULL!

Yandle caused their goals 2 and 4. Yandle. Just him. Playing very badly.

Frankly, I expected more of your game watching skills. Did you not watch the game? Or maybe they didn’t show it on the feed?

I was at the game, in person, saw all plays and how they developed. To not blame Yandle is to be completely wrong. Sorry, but THAT is the PRIMARY truth.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Not too concerned about this game, as the flu bug has gone through our house, and I threw up 7 times yesterday. :puppy:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I like a lot of your posts but I’m going to take exception here. This is BULL!

Yandle caused their goals 2 and 4. Yandle. Just him. Playing very badly.

Frankly, I expected more of your game watching skills. Did you not watch the game? Or maybe they didn’t show it on the feed?

I was at the game, in person, saw all plays and how they developed. To not blame Yandle is to be completely wrong. Sorry, but THAT is the PRIMARY truth.
They scored two PP goals and we scored none iirc. Lost the special teams battle, objectively so. Yandle screwed up the comeback but you can’t blame the loss on him bc we didn’t come back

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
They scored two PP goals and we scored none iirc. Lost the special teams battle, objectively so. Yandle screwed up the comeback but you can’t blame the loss on him bc we didn’t come back
Of course I can. Yandle cost them two goals. That’s the objective OVERRIDING truth.

I have already admitted that yes, Barkov could have played better and won the game. Our PP could have scored. But more important before those two was that Yandle DID screw up.

You must not have watched the whole game, or the feed was insufficient to show just how badly Yandle played this game. Get some other opinions on it. Yandle was BY FAR the worst player on ice yesterday. Not even close.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Of course I can. Yandle cost them two goals. That’s the objective OVERRIDING truth.

I have already admitted that yes, Barkov could have played better and won the game. Our PP could have scored. But more important before those two was that Yandle DID screw up.

You must not have watched the whole game, or the feed was insufficient to show just how badly Yandle played this game. Get some other opinions on it. Yandle was BY FAR the worst player on ice yesterday. Not even close.
Not sure why you’re being so confrontational

they went 2/2 on the PP
We went 0/2 on the PP

We lost the special teams battle. That’s why we lost.
Additionally, Barkov, zero points, got outplayed by hall who had a goal and assist.

the score was 3-2 around 2 minutes left after the above happened. Yandle has to press/play overly aggressive on the 4th goal. On the ENG he’s the last line of defense so any mistakes he makes with the goalie pulled are always exaggerated by everyone here. He has zero room for error. Maybe you can say he’s the reason why we didn’t come back which is ridiculous but he’s not the reason we lost.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Not sure why you’re being so confrontational

they went 2/2 on the PP
We went 0/2 on the PP

We lost the special teams battle. That’s why we lost.
Additionally, Barkov, zero points, got outplayed by hall who had a goal and assist.

the score was 3-2 around 2 minutes left after the above happened. Yandle has to press/play overly aggressive on the 4th goal. On the ENG he’s the last line of defense so any mistakes he makes with the goalie pulled are always exaggerated by everyone here. He has zero room for error. Maybe you can say he’s the reason why we didn’t come back which is ridiculous but he’s not the reason we lost.

So you're saying that since Yandle didn't contribute on the PP which translates into him being even more visibly deficient in the skills-department, we have to overlook the fact that generates stupid mistakes constantly? Yandle is the main culprit of generating mistakes even when the team wins. Yandle flies under the radar because his PP points saves his rear end, at least on the stats sheets.

The guy is so focused on being a clown that ppl get sucked into his own little world. For an instance, this happened like couple of games ago... Yandle does that sonk-shit behind the net two or three times and he's feeling pretty good about himself, then he decides to make a pass by banking it from the board to the center ice to some Cats' winger but it ends up being almost a tape-to-tape pass to the opposing player. The guy doesn't care, probably never has and never will.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I never went back to re-watch it but what happened to Yands when he fell down at the blue line? Did Crouse push him down?

-ghoste

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Again, why is the tendency here that - in a team sport - single players get all the blame for a loss in a game that is full of mistakes and high skill plays?

- When your super star cannot get it done on offense, it is the team responsibility to pick up the slack.
- When your goalie is not on top of his game, it is the team's job to either defend better for him and/or score to provide a cushion.
- when your best offensive Dman who has to take risks to provide this offense fails, the defensive partner and/or goalie have to save his a** from time to time and the team as a whole needs to pick it up

GM and/or the coach need to get the blame as well. They put these guys together and on the ice. If they fail to recognize that a player is currently not up to it - or even just in a period within a game - they have to act (benching, strategy change, goalie switch...)

These witchhunts are going to far

Reactions: RainingRats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->