Post-Game Talk: Awooos beat Meows 5-2. Win, lose, win, lose continues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think our work ethic has really picked up Over the past two games which is a good sign, but when the margin for error in this league is zero your weakest links Will be exposed as yandle was tonight.

It's true. As I watched the game, I thought they were hustling and continuing to show more physicality, which is good.

What killed us last night was just stupid puck-handling gaffes. Unable to handle passes, simply unable to find the puck after a deflection (this happened a bunch of times and I don't think I've ever seen it quite like that), awful passes... and yes, Yandle was 100% the prime offender. Enough's enough. Bench him.

I don't care about his Iron Man Streak, I care about the Panthers winning some games and turning the franchise around in a winning direction. If Yandle's absolute drag-ass effort and completely careless turnovers are going to cost us games outright, then his Iron Man Streak can get ****ed.

Point blank, right now I want to see him lose that streak just for a completely petty reason. That reason being: I'm pissed off at how insanely terrible he was last night, in completely avoidable fashion.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Effort doesn't matter when all our offense is on the perimeter. Nobody goes to the net and nobody goes north-south. Everyone goes East-West and skate ACROSS the ice instead of TOWARDS the net. I have no idea why they don't go to the net more.

There's just so many things wrong with these team that I don't even know where to start. How did this happen to a franchise where our future was supposed to be bright? We have two great core franchise players, a #1 defenseman, a #1 goalie AND a Hall of Fame coach.

What the F*CK is in the water down there?!?!

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I don't care about his Iron Man Streak, I care about the Panthers winning some games and turning the franchise around in a winning direction. If Yandle's absolute drag-ass effort and completely careless turnovers are going to cost us games outright, then his Iron Man Streak can get ****ed.

Soonk!

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Effort doesn't matter when all our offense is on the perimeter. Nobody goes to the net and nobody goes north-south. Everyone goes East-West and skate ACROSS the ice instead of TOWARDS the net. I have no idea why they don't go to the net more.

There's just so many things wrong with these team that I don't even know where to start. How did this happen to a franchise where our future was supposed to be bright? We have two great core franchise players, a #1 defenseman, a #1 goalie AND a Hall of Fame coach.

What the F*CK is in the water down there?!?!
leadership and team culture.

we clearly lack leadership and the team culture here is more okay with losing than they want to admit.

talent/skill is clearly here. we've got the hardest pieces to acquire.

we are not far off, imo so this season can be salvaged but our GM needs to do something to put us over the hump.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
While that is true, you have this uncanny ability to miss the most important thing(s).

Our loss today isn’t due to Barkov not producing, in fact Hubie had multiple gaffes and was off his game in general. Of course Barkov could have won the game for us, and for once he was physically involved. I liked seeing him frustrated. It was maybe the best thing that’s happened to him all year.

Our loss was in the largest part due to Yandle, secondly to his partner Brown, thirdly to Q for a) pairing them up and b) having Barkov’s line with them all game long. Yandle is an unforced turnover machine. His dumb plays and poorly timed fumbles are dooming our games. His upside is a small fraction of his downside.

The way to get rid of Yandle is to threaten his ironman streak. He’ll waive his NMC to not break his IMS.
Wrong again . It was a one goal game. They scored on a 4-3. If our pp or Barkov scores that game goes to ot. Barkov was irrelevant. That’s why we lost

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Wrong again . It was a one goal game. They scored on a 4-3. If our pp or Barkov scores that game goes to ot. Barkov was irrelevant. That’s why we lost
Agree. Yandle getting way too much blame. We lost the special teams battle again! And their best player was so much more impactful than ours. Blaming Yandle bc we have to be overly aggressive to try to come back as the clock is ticking down is missing the real reasons we lost.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Over the years one thing pretty much has shown how much spirit this team really has. Nobody ever sticks up for each other.

Please dont tell me Barkov's hug was sticking up

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Over the years one thing pretty much has shown how much spirit this team really has. Nobody ever sticks up for each other.

It’s better than what the rest of this team does. You all want to see emotion from Barkov who is a skill player with 0 toughness and that was good enough for me.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
If they were dominant we’d be better than we are. Ekblad has been good and Matheson has been ok minus his last 2 games where he’s been good.
No we wouldNt be better cause our goaltending ya been horrific. Pretty basic. And Barkov shows up rarely. Those are much worse
Concerns than the ekblad pairing. Oh and brown too. His advanced stats are horrific. He drags down every partner and the only time he isn’t a liability is when paired with Matheson

Reactions: I am not exposed

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
i didn't hate our game. i've disliked our game more in many of the wins this season.

i missed a few chunks but what i saw was pretty good effort and puck management. turnovers were relatively low.

as others have said, we lost the special teams game. simple as that. otherwise, it was very even and the yotes are a decent team.

it's a loss and you gotta look at what you can do better (i like Q's take above) but i still think things are heading in the right direction overall. i'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
No we wouldNt be better cause our goaltending ya been horrific. Pretty basic. And Barkov shows up rarely. Those are much worse
Concerns than the ekblad pairing. Oh and brown too. His advanced stats are horrific. He drags down every partner and the only time he isn’t a liability is when paired with Matheson
Barkov rarely shows up. 45 points in 43 games. Yeaaaaaaah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad