Post-Game Talk: Awooos beat Meows 5-2. Win, lose, win, lose continues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Yup. Without Hall they probably don’t win tonight

Hall wouldn't have make us a lot better, nor any other player.

Did you see how well they played defensively? I was really impressed by their D play.

No brain cramps, no individual mistakes, kept us on the peremiter, blocked shots, etc.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Hall wouldn't have make us a lot better, nor any other player.

Did you see how well they played defensively? I was really impressed by their D play.

No brain cramps, no individual mistakes, kept us on the peremiter, blocked shots, etc.
Hall was responsible for their offense tonight.

he’d make a big difference. It’s hard to argue against it. He’d create more chances and actually hit the net with a threatening shot

WaitingForThatCab

Gas up the Lombo
Mar 11, 2017
lmao

I don't even know what to say about this game. I legitimately think the team went out and partied hard last night, because I can't ever remember seeing a group of guys so completely unable to complete basic hockey plays like 'find the puck' and 'pass the puck to the wide open guy in front of you' or even just 'receive an easy pass.' Absolutely surreal.

Highlight of the game: On the way out, somebody told an Uber driver that Keith Yandle was looking for a ride. Yeah. I wish.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
He needs to do something.

Goaltending, offense, depth, drafting, defense, special teams, coaching, etc.

There's always multiple deficiencies at any one time with this franchise.

Next season is always the one where the Panthers get over hump. Right?

SoFla sports teams have laid down for quite some time in allowing the Panthers to step to the forefront, and they can never f***ing do it. As if they forever yearn to be irrelevant.

They even f*** up signing the only active multi Vezina winner.

27 years. Just can't get anything right.

WaitingForThatCab

Gas up the Lombo
Mar 11, 2017
But but but but we finally spent the big bucks in an all star goalie = guaranteed playoffs this was a “historic” offseason that was the rhetoric around here what happened???

I'm glad you're here to take a dump on us, the fans, as the team falls flat on its face for the 23rd consecutive year.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Not like next year will be any different with the same people running the show. 10 years, Tallon. 10 years.

Btw, next year we’ll be spending essentially 14.23mil in goaltending considering we have to factor in both Luongo and darlings cap hits to make way for our current goaltending. That’s just lovely.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Barkov pointless in 5 games. And we’re basically .500. Team will heat up when he wakes the **** up.
While that is true, you have this uncanny ability to miss the most important thing(s).

Our loss today isn’t due to Barkov not producing, in fact Hubie had multiple gaffes and was off his game in general. Of course Barkov could have won the game for us, and for once he was physically involved. I liked seeing him frustrated. It was maybe the best thing that’s happened to him all year.

Our loss was in the largest part due to Yandle, secondly to his partner Brown, thirdly to Q for a) pairing them up and b) having Barkov’s line with them all game long. Yandle is an unforced turnover machine. His dumb plays and poorly timed fumbles are dooming our games. His upside is a small fraction of his downside.

The way to get rid of Yandle is to threaten his ironman streak. He’ll waive his NMC to not break his IMS.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
The Blue Jackets with half their team out moved ahead of Florida, sad. I know they have played an extra game but where is this team's heart

Reactions: KW

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah Torts has them playing unbelievably. They won't go away.
The schedule should be helping Florida, CBJ and PHI both have hard schedules and Florida has (just for the next 4 games) Vs Van Vs Tor Vs LA @Det no reason to not go 3-1 but based on the pattern, expect 2-2

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Also, I'm getting real 2017 vibes on this team. Poor special teams and dominating possession 5 v 5 but only getting perimeter chances. Naturalstattrick had Florida 5 v 5 at 3 high danger scoring chances all game despite almost 60% possession and 30 shots. I didn't feel like Hill was tested much at all, he saw every puck and didn't give up a bad goal.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Also, I'm getting real 2017 vibes on this team. Poor special teams and dominating possession 5 v 5 but only getting perimeter chances. Naturalstattrick had Florida 5 v 5 at 3 high danger scoring chances all game despite almost 60% possession and 30 shots. I didn't feel like Hill was tested much at all, he saw every puck and didn't give up a bad goal.
How did we look advanced stats wise in those categories? In the game highlights, it seemed like the Coyotes had like 5 breakaways on Driedger

PC76

Aug 24, 2016
Least the Flyers lost (in ot). Probably not gonna beat the Leafs so Bob needs a bounceback vs the Canucks. After Toronto the schedule gives Forida some soft teams.
Unfortunately....we're the soft team the other guys are looking forward to playing. Incredible how Arizona seems to have turned the corner and we're just cycling in place. Sucks.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
The schedule should be helping Florida, CBJ and PHI both have hard schedules and Florida has (just for the next 4 games) Vs Van Vs Tor Vs LA @Det no reason to not go 3-1 but based on the pattern, expect 2-2

Are you serious about the schedule thing?

We are still close in the standings, but we haven't shown that we are good enough to be in the playoffs. And our schedule has nothing to do with that.

I'm sick of this schedule thing. What a loser rethoric!

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I think our work ethic has really picked up Over the past two games which is a good sign, but when the margin for error in this league is zero your weakest links Will be exposed as yandle was tonight.

Waiting for the "work ethic" to be elevated to the required level to be a competitive team in the league until midpoint of the season is the clearest indicator of how much these guys are just going through the motions. They are waiting for some obscure wave of luck that they are going to ride when in reality successful teams are creating their own luck by out-working the other teams. This team is soft as butter both physically and mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->