• Murray

• Other (who?)

• Gibson

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Bishop is carrying an offensively inept team into the playoffs - 29th in the entire NHL in scoring. Fifty percent of the blue liners in front of him every night are AHL cast offs and waiver wire material (Polak, Fedun, Lovejoy, Carrick, Oleksiak, Bayreuther, Honka, Gleason, Heatherington). He's their sole reason they have a chance of winning every night and is their run away MVP.

I'm not even going to mention the team Vasilevskiy has in front of him. It's record breaking. Yet, Bishop beats him in GAA and Save percentage.

Also:

The only reason Bishop might not win is games played. As it is lowish. His impact and level of play has been second to none.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
his 2.84 GAA isn't great. .917 SV% is decent but not even close to vezina numbers.

If you’re simply boxscore scouting then his numbers are only decent but if you watched the ducks this season you would know how good this guy was. He got completely left out to dry by the ducks defense. He shouldn’t win but should get consideration.

In response to the poll, my three are
Vasilevskiy
Bishop
Gibson

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
If you’re simply boxscore scouting then his numbers are only decent but if you watched the ducks this season you would know how good this guy was. He got completely left out to dry by the ducks defense. He shouldn’t win but should get consideration.

In response to the poll, my three are
Vasilevskiy
Bishop
Gibson
I totally agree that he's been great on a s*** ducks team. However the numbers just arent vezina caliber that's all I'm saying

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I totally agree that he's been great on a s*** ducks team. However the numbers just arent vezina caliber that's all I'm saying
Have to agree with you. Gibson is an elite goalie trying to save a bus crash. Great story as it is, he simply doesn't have the numbers a goalie needs.

Reactions: Iceman

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Bishop is carrying an offensively inept team into the playoffs - 29th in the entire NHL in scoring. Fifty percent of the blue liners in front of him every night are AHL cast offs and waiver wire material (Polak, Fedun, Lovejoy, Carrick, Oleksiak, Bayreuther, Honka, Gleason, Heatherington). He's their sole reason they have a chance of winning every night and is their run away MVP.

I'm not even going to mention the team Vasilevskiy has in front of him. It's record breaking. Yet, Bishop beats him in GAA and Save percentage.

Also:

The only reason Bishop might not win is games played. As it is lowish. His impact and level of play has been second to none.

Bishop won't win because he doesn't have the games. But what a season! Even better, he was nowhere in the conversation until about half way through, when he became almost unbeatable. His numbers from January 1 are insane (also interesting to see who the hottest goalies were in the second half).

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
This year feels like toss-up, I did not feel that any goalie was particularly great. I did not properly read the question and only voted for Bishop.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I'm going with the GSAA rankings on this one; balancing save percentage, expected save percentage and workload.

1. Gibson
2. Bishop
3. Greiss

(Lehner and Halak at 4 and 5).

Vasi had too much help from his defence, 91.91 xSv% compared to Gibson's 90.06.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
I'm going with the GSAA rankings on this one; balancing save percentage, expected save percentage and workload.

1. Gibson
2. Bishop
3. Greiss

(Lehner and Halak at 4 and 5).

Vasi had too much help from his defence, 91.91 xSv% compared to Gibson's 90.06.
tenor.gif

Reactions: MBTendy

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
One thing to think about - this could be a season where the first team all-star (media voted) differs from the Vezina.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Vasilevsky, Price and Bob.
Bobrovsky? Seriously?

If we're gonna include players based entirely on a good couple months to finish the year, then surely Binnington should be top 3. In reality, neither should be seriously considered as a finalist.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bobrovsky? Seriously?

If we're gonna include players based entirely on a good couple months to finish the year, then surely Binnington should be top 3. In reality, neither should be seriously considered as a finalist.
Bobber came up big in the last stretch, but he's 3rd and yeah, there's a few guys who could've came in here. The thing is Bobber has more wins than Binnington has starts, that plays a huge part to me.

Still, he has 9 SO's, thats pretty good. But I think, in retrospect, I'd have Andersen at the last spot.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
The only two I'm sure of are Vasi and Bishop for the #1 and #2 spots respectively, #3 is open

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->