• Berube

• Brindamour

• Tortorella

• Other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Cooper and Trotz are the easy nods. The 3rd vote is where it gets difficult. I ultimately went with Peters, because he got the Flames to the Pacific Division title but had to do it with other than the guy he thought would be #1 and had the presence to make that switch early before Smith sank the team. Going out to a 5th place, I'd have Brind'Amour 4 and Jim Montgomery from Dallas 5.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Definitely between Cooper and Trotz. One made a good team great, and one made a bad team good. Equally impressive. I voted Trotz because in a way this run he is having is a continuation of the Cup run last spring. Give him the edge because of that. But you can't go wrong either way.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Cooper/Trotz
Berube/Tocchet

Tocchet should be getting more love, but probably won't be a finalist because the coyotes missed the playoffs.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I dont get how Peters has so many more votes than Berube. At least 50% of Calgary's improvement was due to roster changes that had nothing to do with him. Berube took over the last place team in the NHL mid season and they finished 1 point below the Central division winner and are probably one of the better looking teams in the West.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Why is Tocchet here?
one of, if not, the worst team on paper throught the majority of the season, had a ton of injuries, and came within a few points of the making the playoffs..... Tocchet did very very well.

Last edited:

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I dont get how Peters has so many more votes than Berube. At least 50% of Calgary's improvement was due to roster changes that had nothing to do with him. Berube took over the last place team in the NHL mid season and they finished 1 point below the Central division winner and are probably one of the better looking teams in the West.

50%?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Cassidy should be with how he handled the ridiculous amount of injuries. Not that he should win it.
Cooper and Trotz are the obvious top 2 but I really like Cassidy as the third. Injuries to the blueline in particular were crazy (games played in brackets):

Chara (62) - McAvoy (54)
Krug (64) - Carlo (72)
Grzelcyk (66) - Miller (39)
Moore (61)

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Trotz
Cooper
Brind'Amour/Peters

Lots of great candidates this year. Trotz & Cooper are obvious.

3rd is extremely close, but I voted Brind'Amour, first time head coach gets Carolina to the playoffs after 9-10 years.

Berube should get alot of consideration, would be my #4. Cassidy & Tocchet did a great job aswell.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Cooper vs Trotz, one is up 3-0, the other down 0-3.

Cooper is lucky the polls closed before the playoffs started!

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

And there IS precedent for a guy taking over during the season and winning the award- Ken Hitchcock won the award in 2012 even thought he didn't start the season as coach, Boudreau in '08 got the Caps job at Thanksgiving.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Cooper vs Trotz, one is up 3-0, the other down 0-3.

Cooper is lucky the polls closed before the playoffs started!

I still say Cooper should and will win too.

Will be really weird to see him win if Tampa is swept - heck he may end up fired over such a collapse if it happens.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I still say Cooper should and will win too.

Will be really weird to see him win if Tampa is swept - heck he may end up fired over such a collapse if it happens.
Lucky for him the Jack Adams trophy is a cup. He can fill it with ointment. Will come in handy after the public flogging he'll have suffered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad