• Pettersson

• Johnsson

• Binnington

• Hart

• Other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
EP is crazy overrated. The guy got neither 30 goals (while shooting a crazy 19.4%) nor did he get 70 points as a 20 year old, with 70.5% Ozone starts. Dahlin put up 44 points as an 18 year old on a crappy Sabres squad, while having a 98 PDO. With any bit of luck, Dahlin probably could have put up 50 points this season. This is a no-brainer for me.
He put up 66 points in 71 games.

Reactions: bh53

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
Pettersson’s a great talent but it was a little ridiculous earlier on this season when there was serious discussion that he should be above MacKinnon and only behind McDavid as top young players. I saw multiple comments that they wouldn’t trade him one for one for McDavid due to contracts, too. So, yeah, I think it’s absolutely fair to say he’s overrated.

Dahlin is the choice moving forward, but EP will rightfully win the Calder. You don’t get credit for being a year and a bit younger.
his rookie season is better than anything done MacKinnon up until last year.

He was ice cold for the last 20 games. I wouldn't count on either numbers.
More like the last 7. In the 13 games before that he had 10 points.

He was absolutely ice cold goal wise.

The top 3 rookies in Average Time on Ice;

PlayerGPATOI
Miro Heiskanen8223:07
Rasmus Dahlin8221:09
Filip Hronek4619:58
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Which is why I put in Heiskanen over Dahlin.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Miro > Dahlin, thank you for stopping by.

It's criminal to think Dahlin deserves the calder over Miro.
But...but...but Dahlin is 8 months younger. :facepalm: Heiskanen is literally better at everything except being able to control his DOB.

Walter Sobchak

Dec 30, 2015
Petterson faded towards the end of the season but looking at the body of work as a whole I think he was the most impressive rookie.

Reactions: bh53

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
his rookie season is better than anything done MacKinnon up until last year.

More like the last 7. In the 13 games before that he had 10 points.

He was absolutely ice cold goal wise.

Which is why I put in Heiskanen over Dahlin.
What is even more impressive is the shift differential between Heiskanen and everyone else:

upload_2019-4-12_8-56-38.png

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Heiskanen mopped the ice with Dahlin in their head-to-head's this year. Stop pulling crap out of mid air.

Okay topic aside, who really cares what happens over a 2 game sample size. People who use this kind of crap to try and prove their point look incredibly silly. This thread is the perfect example of what has been happening this year. One person says, hey Dahlin is good and then 80 Dallas fans rush the thread and spend the next 2 pages shit talking him. Want a perfect example:

Thank you for that. I had a feeling I was going to be wrong on that one lol.

You literally said something that you later admitted you likely knew was wrong. Then why post it? Because all you wanted to do was exaggerate and trash on Dahlin. How can anyone have a genuine conversation when you guys spout false information and then later admit you knew they were false when you spouted them?

D318mFfWsAAGRFh.jpg:large

But yea, you guys are right Heiskanen is better than Dahlin by literally every measure known to man, my mistake.

Last edited:

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Okay topic aside, who really cares what happens over a 2 game sample size. People who use this kind of crap to try and prove their point look incredibly silly. This thread is the perfect example of what has been happening this year. One person says, hey Dahlin is good and then 80 Dallas fans rush the thread and spend the next 2 pages **** talking him. Want a perfect example:

You literally said something that you later admitted you likely knew was wrong. Then why post it? Because all you wanted to do was exaggerate and trash on Dahlin. How can anyone have a genuine conversation when you guys spout false information and then later admit you knew they were false when you spouted them?

D318mFfWsAAGRFh.jpg:large

But yea, you guys are right Heiskanen is better than Dahlin by literally every measure known to man, my mistake.

Did you even read what you copied? These metrics were based off of a 25 game sample for Dahlin and 15 games for Heiskanen. Hahahahahahaha, find a new hobby because finding relevant stats is not your forte.
upload_2019-4-12_9-40-26.png

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Heiskanen mopped the ice with Dahlin in their head-to-head's this year. Stop pulling crap out of mid air.

Uh I'm a Stars fan and wasn't talking to you :sarcasm:

I was talking to that Vesperia guy who said Klingberg was the Stars best dman

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Did you even read what you copied? These metrics were based off of a 25 game sample for Dahlin and 15 games for Heiskanen. Hahahahahahaha, find a new hobby because finding relevant stats is not your forte.
View attachment 213069

Coming from the guy who just used a whopping sample size of 2 games and his eye test to determine who was better? How utterly hypocritical of you.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Coming from the guy who just used a whopping sample size of 2 games and his eye test to determine who was better? How utterly hypocritical of you.
I never said he was better based off the two games they played head to head. I stated that Heiskanen mopped the floor in their head to head battle this year. Perhaps you should try not to pick statements to fit your flawed narrative.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I never said he was better based off the two games they played head to head. I stated that Heiskanen mopped the floor in their head to head battle this year. Perhaps you should try not to pick statements to fit your flawed narrative.

Perhaps you shouldn't make poor ones to fit yours.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
1.Petey
2. Dahlin.
3. Heisky

I think Binnington hasn't played enough games - pretty good rookie class as there are lots of notable players just beyond the #3 spot.

Also really like both of these d-men, I feel like all 3 of these candidates are franchise level players.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I'll sure relevant stats not a 15 game sample to determine who the better player is. Give it up already, you got caught so own up to your mistake.

I don't have anymore time for someone who uses a 2 game sample size and critiques someone else for using a 15 game sample size.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I don't have anymore time for someone who uses a 2 game sample size and critiques someone else for using a 15 game sample size.

I can see where his point wasn't clear, but it appears that he meant the head to head battle as far as season vs season.

I would genuinely like to see the full season comparison of the two utilizing the same tool you provided because i have a feeling they both would show much better stats across the entire season versus their first 25 and 15 games respectively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad