• Johnsson

• Binnington

• Hart

• Other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Binnington and Heiskanen is kind of a toss up for me. Both have solid cases, but honestly I think whoever is the 3rd finalist will finish 3rd in voting, so its moot point.

kingblue

Nov 16, 2018
St. Louis
Is Pettersson doesn’t win, the media is a farce. Binnington has been a huge part of our revival mid-season but Pettersson was a huge part of Vancouver’s better-than-expected season all year. Dahlin has been amazing but not enough to overtake Pettersson. Heiskanen should be in the convo but the Binnington hype may have pushed him out of the top 3.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The fact that 23.9% of people didn't vote for Dahlin here, and 11.8% of people didn't vote for Pettersson is facepalm worthy. This poll should be 100% for both of those 2 guys and then the final 100% divided up among the remaining options.

Reactions: bh53

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
1. Dahlin
2. Pettersson
3. Binnington

The first two are set - Heskainen or Bins can be a good second runner up.

Dahlin should and hopefully will win.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Binnington took a team at January 2nd from last to nearly 1st in the Central. He'll get the 3rd place over Heskainen easily.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Elliote Friedman on his top 3 Calder finalists:

"It came down to:
Jordan Binnington, Miro Heiskanen and Elias Pettersson. Heiskanen is getting shafted. If he played in a Canadian market, people would be showing up at our houses demanding we vote for him. Quietly, he’s had an impressive season — a steadying force on Dallas’s back end."

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Pettersson’s a great talent but it was a little ridiculous earlier on this season when there was serious discussion that he should be above MacKinnon and only behind McDavid as top young players. I saw multiple comments that they wouldn’t trade him one for one for McDavid due to contracts, too. So, yeah, I think it’s absolutely fair to say he’s overrated.

Dahlin is the choice moving forward, but EP will rightfully win the Calder. You don’t get credit for being a year and a bit younger.

Hahah id like to see that comment... That’s just insane. Whoever said that was ripped apart by a Canucks fans.

Pettersson is a great talent, some of the things he can do, just wow. He’s definitely a guy who will score 50 goals and 100 points at some point in his career, I could even see a Selke nomination if he continues to develop his defensive game. I see a lot of Datsyuk in him. BUT! He’s done none of this yet, where as Mackinnon has two back to back very close to 100 point seasons. Pettersson is a rookie, it doesn’t matter what Canuck fans THINK he will do until he does it. Great potential though.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
On the poll, I don’t see it as a slam dunk for Pettersson. I could see Dahlin taking it. Third should be Heiskanen I don’t think a goalie who played 32 games should be nominated over those three.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Hahah id like to see that comment... That’s just insane. Whoever said that was ripped apart by a Canucks fans.

Pettersson is a great talent, some of the things he can do, just wow. He’s definitely a guy who will score 50 goals and 100 points at some point in his career, I could even see a Selke nomination if he continues to develop his defensive game. I see a lot of Datsyuk in him. BUT! He’s done none of this yet, where as Mackinnon has two back to back very close to 100 point seasons. Pettersson is a rookie, it doesn’t matter what Canuck fans THINK he will do until he does it. Great potential though.
You’re just messing with me at this point. Yeah, he’s not overrated. Just guaranteed to score 50 goals and 100 points and probably be a top-3 defensive forward. But not overrated.

C’mon, man.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Playoffs has nothing to do with regular season.

When did I ever say my statement was made due to his game 1 performance? I believe Miro averaged 3-4 more minutes than Dahlin. He plays a bigger and more complete role than Dahlin and still put up solid numbers, and more goals. Just read Friedman's quote as evidence.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
When did I ever say my statement was made due to his game 1 performance? I believe Miro averaged 3-4 more minutes than Dahlin. He plays a bigger and more complete role than Dahlin and still put up solid numbers, and more goals. Just read Friedman's quote as evidence.
Dahlin was Buffalos best defender. Klingberg was dallas best defender

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dahlin was Buffalos best defender. Klingberg was dallas best defender

Klingberg was the Stars 3rd best dman this season....both Heiskanen and Lindell were better. He was actually pretty terrible for most of the year after his injury

This is why stats don't ever tell the whole story

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Klingberg was the Stars 3rd best dman this season....both Heiskanen and Lindell were better. He was actually pretty terrible for most of the year after his injury

This is why stats don't ever tell the whole story
I saw 50% of stars games and klingberg was way better while hesikanen made plenty of rookie mistakes.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden

The top 3 rookies in Average Time on Ice;

PlayerGPATOI
Miro Heiskanen8223:07
Rasmus Dahlin8221:09
Filip Hronek4619:58
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I saw 50% of stars games and klingberg was way better while hesikanen made plenty of rookie mistakes.

Lol you are clearly throwing shit on the wall and hoping it sticks.

Klingberg was way better? Come on man. Like kcb said, once returning from injury Klinger struggled big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad