Pre-Game Talk: Avs vs. Stars: October 15th 2013 | Their new logo just looks like a spiky D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
In the locker room interviews today Stastny said, and I'm paraphrasing, that they have a new gameplan for every game and there is a lot of coaching going on. He seems to enjoy playing for Roy despite having pretty much the same role as he did under Sacco the last year.

EJ said the same thing during a post game interview recently, that they've been spending a lot of time pouring over videos discussing what will and won't work against certain teams. I think it was the Boston game he referenced the most.

Suffice to say, I'm eating major crow in my disapproval for hiring Roy, the guy has been a genius behind the bench so far in his approach to the position. Even if he isn't directly responsible for everything, he played a major hand in changing the image of the coaching staff.

This is just more proof of what Roy brings to the table, and how smart he is. He was always one of the few vets along with Bourque who would discuss strategy in detail with Hartley during flights home.

I caught part of the Detroit-Boston game today, and Jack Edwards mentioned that he thought the Wings might have taken a page from Colorado's handbook against Boston the other night and that they might have found out something about the Bruins.

I think this is part of the reason why teams are getting so frustrated playing against the Avs. They're just not able to have success playing the way they normally do, and can't seem to figure out why it's not working.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
In the locker room interviews today Stastny said, and I'm paraphrasing, that they have a new gameplan for every game and there is a lot of coaching going on. He seems to enjoy playing for Roy despite having pretty much the same role as he did under Sacco the last year.

The fact that this is something to say, is beyond embarrassing for Sacco. How is this a new thing? Wow. :amazed:

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
As we can see, sacco has brought his coaching styles to the buffalo sabres, :laugh:, guess the secrets out, if you want to tank for high draft picks just hire joe sacco.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm not sure where to put this but Chambers wrote a decent article about the defense

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche...-success-comes-part-from-new-defensive-system

And speaking of Sacco here is this gem:

Soit dit en passant, Paul connaît la légende de Patrick Roy. Lui et son père sont très heureux qu’il soit devenu l’entraîneur de l’Avalanche. Paul et encore plus Peter détestait copieusement l’ancien coach de l’équipe. Peter craignait même que son fils en oublie les bases du hockey tellement la direction était molle.

I'll let someone who speaks French translate it but basically Stastny and his father hated Sacco.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2013/07/30/un-souper-de-reve

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Im thinking the team will not be down, but rather be up! I was thinking 6 or 7 goals for us, and maybe a few for the stars. Lets predict 6-3
OK So Im a positive guy... still, its payback time baby for all that terrible poop we saw last year.... every game is a joy for me. Winning makes it even more so.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm not sure where to put this but Chambers wrote a decent article about the defense

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche...-success-comes-part-from-new-defensive-system

Soit dit en passant, Paul connaît la légende de Patrick Roy. Lui et son père sont très heureux qu’il soit devenu l’entraîneur de l’Avalanche. Paul et encore plus Peter détestait copieusement l’ancien coach de l’équipe. Peter craignait même que son fils en oublie les bases du hockey tellement la direction était molle.

I'll let someone who speaks French translate it but basically Stastny and his father hated Sacco.

They are happy to get rid of Sacco. They both hated him. Peter thought that Paul would forget hockey basics since the coaching was so bad.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Whats the forwards line up for today?

Barring a surprise:

O'Reilly - Duchene - Downie
Landeskog - Stastny - Tanguay
McGinn - MacKinnon - Parenteau
McLeod - Mitchell - Bordeleau

McLeod skated fine in practice. If he can't go, Cliche would be in.

A Shiny Zubat

Lurker
Jan 3, 2011
Darmstadt

Opened the page in Chrome and hit "translate" and the first sentence in the article reads:
"We had an appointment at the home of Peter Stastny, where we waited for the men of the family with Darina, the wife of Peter indestructible."

I lol'd for a bit.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's

By the way, Paul knows the legend of Patrick Roy.
He and his father are very happy he became coach of the Avalanche.
Both Paul and Peter fully hated the team's old coach. Peter even feared that his son would forget the basics of hockey because the management was so "soft".

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
By the way, Paul knows the legend of Patrick Roy.
He and his father are very happy he became coach of the Avalanche.
Both Paul and Peter fully hated the team's old coach. Peter even feared that his son would forget the basics of hockey because the management was so "soft".

No, just the offense part.:D

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Must win these division games. These are absolutely huge. Basically our main villains will be Minnesota, Dallas, Winnipeg and Nashville. I see Chicago and St.Louis getting in no matter what.

ghostofweezman

Mar 3, 2013
PNW
I have this feeling the team will fall a little bit back to earth this game. They always seem to have trouble with Dallas, but I do think it will be a close game. Hope I'm wrong.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
We aren't going to find out where this team is at until they lose a few in a row, and see how they bounce back. Obviously the longer this streak goes the better, as the games get tougher towards the end of the season. Our start the year Andy dragged us into the playoffs was a big reason we made the playoffs that season.

We are in a tough division, so these are 2 big points.

Finally get to watch a game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad