Pre-Game Talk: Avs vs. Stars: October 15th 2013 | Their new logo just looks like a spiky D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mant*

But from the sounds of it, a lot of people saying it's "just a bruise" doesn't sounds too bad.

McLeod was down on the ice for about a minute and unable to get up on his own. It may be "just a bruise", but it's probably a pretty significant one. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he got an extra game off to heal it up.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
I don't mind Bordeleau being a regular on a fourth line. Sure, he might fail to clear the puck from time to time but it's compensated by his hitting which scares the crap out of defenders. He's not really taken any stupid penalties either.

Just let him play. He's come a long way as a hockey player and is not a liability. You can't flip-flop based on the latest shift/game. He's going to screw up from time to time. Take the bad with the good.

Wait, what? Yes he is a liability. Last game just being a shining example. He hasn't come a long way as a hockey player. He still can't control the puck, pass it, shoot it, defend well, or do anything besides be big in front of the goalie and charge at the other team. Who cares if he "scares the crap out of defenders"? He's on ice 5 minutes a game and in that time seems to do absolutely nothing or worse most of the time. Sure, he'll lay out a guy once a week. I'll take someone who can play over that any day.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Sorry I haven't really seen Bordy as a liability either. He's a good player for what his role is. McLeod too.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I envision our atypical defensive breakdowns and bottom-5 SA/G will finally bite us and we'll either end up losing in OT or winning in a shootout.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Wait, what? Yes he is a liability. Last game just being a shining example. He hasn't come a long way as a hockey player. He still can't control the puck, pass it, shoot it, defend well, or do anything besides be big in front of the goalie and charge at the other team. Who cares if he "scares the crap out of defenders"? He's on ice 5 minutes a game and in that time seems to do absolutely nothing or worse most of the time. Sure, he'll lay out a guy once a week. I'll take someone who can play over that any day.

He's one of the best heavyweights in the league, both when it comes to hockey skill and fighting.

I definitely want him in against a team with players like Dillon, who will take runs at our players. The only games I wouldn't mind him sitting is against teams like Detroit.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

One bad game and Bordy's back to being a useless sasquatch again, good to know.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
One bad game and Bordy's back to being a useless sasquatch again, good to know.

For me it was just a big example. I was absolutely against his contract and haven't enjoyed watching him play this year. He isn't a good hockey player. He's a good fighter, a big person, and can skate well for his size. That's it.

I love how so many people complain about Mitchell and will do so even when Mitchell has great games as a role player and 4th line center(i.e. most of this year) but will defend Bordeleau.

Huis Clos*

Al Muir ‏@almuirSI 2 min
Mr. Glass, Kari Lehtonen, placed on IR, retroactive to Oct. 11. He'll miss at least the next two games. Stars are dead in water without him

Under Sacco that would have been the kiss of death. Hopefully Roy has them prepared and focused differently.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Last game it was Army, this game it is Bordy... any guesses as to who we will rip for being worthless against Detroit?

I'll go with Guenin.

I think we need to enjoy this streak while it lasts instead of finding things to complain about. :nod:

Mouse21*

wrong

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Last game it was Army, this game it is Bordy... any guesses as to who we will rip for being worthless against Detroit?

I'll go with Guenin.

I think we need to enjoy this streak while it lasts instead of finding things to complain about. :nod:

Oh, I'm enjoying it.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
I have Benn and Chiasson on my Fantasy team, but also got Varly, ROR, downie...

this should be a good one.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I honestly don't like the Stastny line right now, too much passing. I'd like to see MacKinnon and Stastny switch spots.

Tanguay-MacKinnon-Landeskog
McGinn-Stastny-Parenteau

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bordeleau leads the team in shooting percentage.... ;)

Has he missed a shot yet?

But seriously Bordy's a massive ogre that can skate well, but he's actually pretty good at holding onto the puck, makes solid, safe passes, and can tumble in front of the net. For a 5-8 minute a game fourth liner the only other thing I could want would be for him to be a dependable PKer, but he's not quick enough for that and despite being a lot better about it this season, he gets a lot of penalties called against because his size and skating lead to so many massive hits that refs are just gunna call a solid portion of them even if they're clean, because the NHL does NHL things.

I'm one of the people who rails against Mitchell playing on a scoring line but I readily admit he's been great in his role this year, he's playing much better defensively and while he still can't pass, that's ok on the 4th line and PK. It was painful when he had to play with Staz and Tanguay because the poor fella even tried to pass in that game he just isn't physically capable of completing a proper pass, but between bordy and the new and improved highlander, he's been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad