Pre-Game Talk: Avs vs. Stars: October 15th 2013 | Their new logo just looks like a spiky D

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
With Lehtonen out I really am not that hot on Dallas, he's absolutely phenomenal when healthy and on his game, but Seguin and Benn just doesn't scare me as much as our forward core against their defense. Especially cause I expect Landy's line to keep those two very quite.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Just have to shut down the Seguin - Benn duo especially since Benn always seems to score multiple goals on us...

Need another strong game from Varly too - he can't slow down. Hopefully the Stastny line continues to get points and hopefully our power play can keep it going.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What's the word on Lehtonen? Definitely still out?

After what happened in preseason (yeah I know, preseason) I'm a little worried plus its difficult playing first game at home after a road trip but it should be a decent matchup and huge if we get a break with the goaltending.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Should be a close game, even though Dallas is one of the weaker teams in comparison to the other matchups this season. Honestly could go either way, I have a gut feeling Dallas steals this like and wins 3-2.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Just have to shut down the Seguin - Benn duo especially since Benn always seems to score multiple goals on us...

Need another strong game from Varly too - he can't slow down. Hopefully the Stastny line continues to get points and hopefully our power play can keep it going.

Chiasson too he's played lights out against us.

The thing about our team is , we put a pretty good line in Tangs-Stazz-Landy against the other teams top line, and then we have the Duchene and Mackinnon line that seemingly just can't be matched by other teams. ( or at least teams we played )

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Didn't see one up and thought what the hell

Also it's my birthday on Tuesday so hopefully the avs can pull one out for me! :)

Congrats!

There's no reason to be cocky. Dallas handed to us in pre-season and I think It will be close game, Dallas seems to be hard opponent for us. GO :avs GO!!! :yo:

Steelerkev1989

Jan 30, 2013
Got a feeling this could be the first time we see a few goals go past us, however hopefully the offence can continue to produce and take us to a win. 5-3 my guess.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
This is the game the team from the last few years would lose. Look great on a swing through the East and then come back and lose the game against a team they will be competing with for a final playoff spot that clearly has holes in its lineup and will be playing a backup goalie.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
This is the game the team from the last few years would lose. Look great on a swing through the East and then come back and lose the game against a team they will be competing with for a final playoff spot that clearly has holes in its lineup and will be playing a backup goalie.

This is what gets us every time. :shakehead

Is McLeod going to miss any time? If so I could see 7 d men dressed.

Definitely forgot about this. I didn't see the game, so I'm not exactly sure what happened. But from the sounds of it, a lot of people saying it's "just a bruise" doesn't sounds too bad.

But the way Roy has handled injuries so far, he may very well play it safe and sit McLeod for at least Tuesdays game.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think Avs are screwed. They have a Canadian captain that celebrates the right way when he scores. :(

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Is McLeod going to miss any time? If so I could see 7 d men dressed.

I'd be very down for a 7 d men game or two. I think we still need to figure out that side of the ice and who will start for us. Regardless, we need to change it up from last game, it'll be interesting to hear the new lineup.

Also, get Bordeleau out of there please!

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't know if anyone noticed, but MacKinnon said in the post-game interview with NHL network that he heard Roy yell that he should go into the slot so he did and in the replay you can hear Roy. He's quite loud.

[NHL]2013020067-431-h[/NHL]

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I'd be very down for a 7 d men game or two. I think we still need to figure out that side of the ice and who will start for us. Regardless, we need to change it up from last game, it'll be interesting to hear the new lineup.

Also, get Bordeleau out of there please!

This.

I can understand against bigger teams like Boston or something, but he has played in every game so far this season and I just see no need for him to play against Dallas...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't mind Bordeleau being a regular on a fourth line. Sure, he might fail to clear the puck from time to time but it's compensated by his hitting which scares the crap out of defenders. He's not really taken any stupid penalties either.

Just let him play. He's come a long way as a hockey player and is not a liability. You can't flip-flop based on the latest shift/game. He's going to screw up from time to time. Take the bad with the good.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I don't know if anyone noticed, but MacKinnon said in the post-game interview with NHL network that he heard Roy yell that he should go into the slot so he did and in the replay you can hear Roy. He's quite loud.

[NHL]2013020067-431-h[/NHL]

:( I thought it was his high hockey IQ

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Dater said McLeod tried to get back into the game in Washington, he tried to skate in the last intermission. So it can't be that bad if he was trying to get back out there that night. I agree though that he's likely to sit for at least one game. My bet is they just play Cliche in that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad