Avs vs Oilers (DMen 25 Years and Under)

Which young DMen Group 25 years of age and younger are the better overall prospects?.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Most hockey fans are aware of the AVs top prospects involve their young DMen. Interestingly, the Oilers have also created a stellar group. I think both teams DMen prospects are surprisingly comparable.

Which group of DMen is better?

:avs

Byram – Makar
Girard – Timmins
Zadorov - Rosen

vs

:edmonton

Broberg - Bouchard
Nurse – Bear
Samorukov - Jones

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Oilers fan voting Avs but that list above only contains four current NHL players... too many question marks. D prospects bust more often than forwards. Heck Samarukov could be then best of them in all 4 years. Too hard to project.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I read about the Oilers DMen prospects earlier today and likely the only team with comparable DMen prospects.

Not sure why you listed the above then. I prefer Lagesson over Jones and we have Persson too but of course he’s older and only played pro hockey two years ago (was a school teacher or something before).

We gave away John Marino for nothing this off season and didn’t sign Erik Gustafsson who scored 60pts for the Hawks last season.

Oilers have serious depth. No Makars or Byrams but D is so hard to project. Everybody thought Brodin was going to be offensively incredible and somehow a defensive Dman like Klefbom (his WJC partner) is outscoring him.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Not sure why you listed the above then. I prefer Lagesson over Jones and we have Persson too but of course he’s older and only played pro hockey two years ago (was a school teacher or something before).

We gave away John Marino for nothing this off season and didn’t sign Erik Gustafsson who scored 60pts for the Hawks last season.

Oilers have serious depth. No Makars or Byrams but D is so hard to project. Everybody thought Brodin was going to be offensively incredible and somehow a defensive Dman like Klefbom (his WJC partner) is outscoring him.

I researched a few sites on Oiler prospects and used the listed players with the highest potential. Limited to the age of 25 years and under, since the core players Mackinnon, Rants and McDavid, Draisaitl will be serious contenders within 2-3 years or sooner.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I researched a few sites on Oiler prospects and used the listed players with the highest potential. Limited to the age of 25 years and under, since the core players Mackinnon, Rants and McDavid, Draisaitl will be serious contenders within 2-3 years or sooner.

Lagesson is 23. Marino is 22 (of course traded to Pens). Persson is 25. Highest potential... just don’t use draft pedigree. That’s like the laziest way to scout.

I feel prospects like Bouchard are overrated. He might score 70pts in the NHL one day but be -30. His shot and passing are elite... no surprise he was PPG in the OHL as you see the same in the AHL. He may never play on the top pair unless his defensive game improves. D are so hard to project.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I might repost with another team besides the AVs. Oiler D prospects are surprisingly good. Need to do some research on other teams that might be comparable.

Rangers seem to have a good pool. Islanders maybe too. Flames once did but that depth is gone.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
No shame in losing to the avs in this poll.

makar is a beauty, got to see him a bunch when he was in the AJHL, not surprised at how well he’s doing.

Reactions: RattsSSV

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Byram > Broberg
Makes > Bouchard
Girard > Nurse
Bear = Timmins
Zadorov = Samorukov
Jones > Rosen

I’m a neutral fan.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I agree that the Avs overall group is better, but Nurse is better than Girard and Bear is better than Timmins IMO.

I agree, the top AVs line could be the best in the Western division and could rival the CBJ duo Jones/Werenski. The 2nd and 3rd lines are closer and would agree the Oiler pairs might be better.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Not so fun when it happens the other way, eh Oil fans?
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad