GDT: Avs vs Ducks. Wed, Oct 2. 7:30 MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
We've been doing well on recent season openers, haven't we? Think I can recall a win vs SJ and one vs Detroit within the last 3,4 years.

Sure hope we can get some optimism into the fan base and the locker room right from the start.

Is the game expected to be sold out?

FSD219

Jun 26, 2013
Is MacKinnon playing on the third line with McGinn and Parenteau? I thought Parenteau would stay on the top line playing with Duchene and O'Reilly, but on NHL.com, there's an article saying it will be McGinn-MacKinnon-Parenteau.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is MacKinnon playing on the third line with McGinn and Parenteau? I thought Parenteau would stay on the top line playing with Duchene and O'Reilly, but on NHL.com, there's an article saying it will be McGinn-MacKinnon-Parenteau.

That is the current line. Probably trying to give Flexo the best possible chance to succeed at the beginning of the season. Once he gets comfortable PAP could be moved back to the 1st line if needed.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011

That's the last I've heard. Downie on the first with ROR and Duchene.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

I think Roy wanted the added grinding from Downie on the top line and the added playmaking from Parenteau with MacGinnon.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
We've been doing well on recent season openers, haven't we? Think I can recall a win vs SJ and one vs Detroit within the last 3,4 years.

Sure hope we can get some optimism into the fan base and the locker room right from the start.

I'm not 100% sure they were season openers but Sakic and Forsberg's jersey retirements were against the Sharks and Wings.

I know we beat the Sharks but got shut out by Detroit.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
If Staz's line is expected to be used as the "shut-down" line against other teams' top units, I'm curious to know how long until Tanguay is taken off that line. You'd have to imagine that any of O'Reilly/McGinn/Downie would fit the other wing better than Tanguay if that's the main purpose of this line. We'll see how she goes. I expected Ginner-MacK-PAP to be like a 2nd scoring line, in that case.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Happy Avs Opening Day!!!

Hope the offense is what we think it will be.

As far as the D...I'll start with low expectations and hopefully be pleasantly surprised

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Staz's line is expected to be used as the "shut-down" line against other teams' top units, I'm curious to know how long until Tanguay is taken off that line. You'd have to imagine that any of O'Reilly/McGinn/Downie would fit the other wing better than Tanguay if that's the main purpose of this line. We'll see how she goes. I expected Ginner-MacK-PAP to be like a 2nd scoring line, in that case.

There is a keep-Stastny-happy factor at play. There is a keep-O'Reilly-happy factor at play. It's going to require quite the juggling act from Roy.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
I'm not 100% sure they were season openers but Sakic and Forsberg's jersey retirements were against the Sharks and Wings.

I know we beat the Sharks but got shut out by Detroit.

Let me be more precise. I specifically meant home openers. Didn't we pick up a win against DET in one of those recently?

SJ was the home (and also season) opener in Duchene's rookie year.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I haven't been missing out on watching Tanguay backcheck.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Let me be more precise. I specifically meant home openers. Didn't we pick up a win against DET in one of those recently?

I highly doubt that the Avs would retire a jersey on the road :sarcasm:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I think the expectation is to shelter the MacKinnon line. Other than that I think they want to spread the defensive abilities between the other two lines so they can be used in any situation depending how that line is playing in a given night. If the Stastny line is playing great offensively, they will be fed the offensive minutes. Likewise with the Duchene line.

member 116861

The Avs have improved their Social Media stuff so much. They are a lot more active than before.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Detroit was Landy's first game, I'm pretty sure we lost that one. I know we beat San Jose for Duchene's first game. Also we beat Chicago in the home opener in 2010.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
I highly doubt that the Avs would retire a jersey on the road :sarcasm:

Yeah, I wasn't talking about jersey retirements at any point, I was thinking the Red Wings game might have been a season opener on the road and not a home opener but you're right.
Think we just talked past each other.

09-10: Sharks @ Avs 2-5
10-11: Blackhawks @ Avs 3-4 OT
11-12: Red Wings @ Avs 3-0
12-13: Kings @ Avs 1-3 (season opener was a loss on the road @Minnesota)

3 out of 4 over the last 4 years. Could be worse.
Let's make it 4 out of 5.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010

Generally pretty good except for when we got curbstomped by Detroit on Forsberg's retirement night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->