News Article: Avs visiting UncleRisto/Avs-Jackets in Helsinki Finland 2020

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Just moved to Helsinki last year, I hope I have some extra money when the tickets come on sale. I'm an all-around poster and kinda just follow Finnish players around so you probably haven't seen me post on the Avs board, but I'd be more than willing to meet up with people.

Reactions: Cassie Campbell

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
I might go, since it’s relatively close to amsterdam!

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I should have moved back to Finland by then, so I might have a stab at this.
Would like to meet some fellow posters if indeed I go.

Draisaitl

Dude, where's Makar?
Oct 18, 2013
Berlin
giphy.com
I‘ll be at Hartwall Arena next year, no matter what!
If i‘m staying at a friends place or at the Scandic hotel near Jarnvägsstation, is still up in the air.

For the Germans/Central Europeans going :
Anybody up for taking the boat from Rostock or Lübeck/Travemünde?

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I was gonna say, Swedes don't travel to Finland, do they?
For me, the excuse has mainly been that it's more of a pain in the ass than it should be. Thanks to Bothnia it's not just a straight shot over. I'd need to take a train up to Umeå, then catch a ferry to Vaasa, then another train down to Helsinki. That's a hassle. Flying out of Östersund can get pricey, and I'd need a connecting flight in Stockholm, anyway.
Contrast that with going to Denmark or Norway - for the former, I go down to Göteborg and catch a ferry across. For the latter, I take one of the most beautiful train trips you can be on and am in Trondheim in 4 hours.

So even though Finland is so close, it's felt far away. Still, I've often thought how silly it's been to have lived here this long and never gotten over. So this game will motivate me.

Reactions: Cassie Campbell

Draisaitl

Dude, where's Makar?
Oct 18, 2013
Berlin
giphy.com
Oh, near the Rautatieasema?

Yes! The finish word wasnt the first one that came to my mind

For those who are a little cheap on travelling and who come from Germany/Central Europe:
I‘ll be travelling by car from Berlin to Rostock or Lübeck, and take the boat from there. It’s like a little under 100 Bucks for a one way ticket(without car), i might even be able to smuggle one or two passengers onto the boat for free.

Mainly I‘m looking for good company and someone to drink while playing jokeri pokeri on deck 10

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
For me, the excuse has mainly been that it's more of a pain in the ass than it should be. Thanks to Bothnia it's not just a straight shot over. I'd need to take a train up to Umeå, then catch a ferry to Vaasa, then another train down to Helsinki. That's a hassle. Flying out of Östersund can get pricey, and I'd need a connecting flight in Stockholm, anyway.
Contrast that with going to Denmark or Norway - for the former, I go down to Göteborg and catch a ferry across. For the latter, I take one of the most beautiful train trips you can be on and am in Trondheim in 4 hours.

So even though Finland is so close, it's felt far away. Still, I've often thought how silly it's been to have lived here this long and never gotten over. So this game will motivate me.

And to go to Finland you can go down to Gothenburg and catch a straight flight to Helsinki..... :)

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The Baltic Sea is between Sweden and Finland so it's a natural barrier to travel that's not there between Sweden and Norway/Denmark. There's probably also some big brother thing going on where Swedes expect (swedish-speaking) Finns to come to us rather than the other way around.

Also, we find the Finnish love for tango very suspicious. Don't know what's going on there.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The Baltic Sea is between Sweden and Finland so it's a natural barrier to travel that's not there between Sweden and Norway/Denmark. There's probably also some big brother thing going on where Swedes expect (swedish-speaking) Finns to come to us rather than the other way around.
I definitely agree with this.
Also, we find the Finnish love for tango very suspicious. Don't know what's going on there.
I don't know what this is. Old people and Romanis?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->