Confirmed with Link: Avs trade Downie for Max Talbot part II

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Flyers fan here and I come in peace. Glad to see Max doing well for you. Steve has fit in really well here on the 3rd line with Sean and Matt. That line has really been playing well. Glad to see the deal worked for both teams. Good luck.

Well I should hope he's doing well playing with two of, if not your two best defensive forwards. They cover his weakness very well.

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
As of right now this was a terrible trade imo. But, if the Avs make the playoffs, i may be singing a different tune. Having Talbot and Tanguay there to calm the younger players down can be very helpful. If you don't believe in that kind of stuff then this trade is most likely not going to look any better lol.

member 116861

Talbot has played well recently. The trade still sucks but if he can play like this I'm a lot less disappointed with it. McLeod, Mitchell and Talbot have good chemistry, I would love for that to be our 4th line for the rest of the season once we get healthy.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Talbot has played well recently. The trade still sucks but if he can play like this I'm a lot less disappointed with it. McLeod, Mitchell and Talbot have good chemistry, I would love for that to be our 4th line for the rest of the season once we get healthy.

Was thinking the same thing. It would be one of the best 4th lines in the league. Bordeleau can fill up on nachos.

SuperTheGreat

Swim Instructor
Jun 3, 2012
Colorado
As of right now this was a terrible trade imo. But, if the Avs make the playoffs, i may be singing a different tune. Having Talbot and Tanguay there to calm the younger players down can be very helpful. If you don't believe in that kind of stuff then this trade is most likely not going to look any better lol.

I don't think this kind of stuff should be underestimated. Contribution and raised level of play in the post season is invaluable, especially on a young and inexperienced team. Claude Lemieux put his game to a completely different level in the playoffs. He was a winner and made a huge impact on the teams he played for because of it. Talbot has that in his history, too. I just hope his response to the playoff season plays itself out in a pattern that mirrors Lemieux's, not Bates Battaglia's

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I don't really mind the trade after watching a few games of Talbot. I think the most important thing is he is another veteran presence for the team. Downie is great, but he will likely command a large sum of money and if Talbot can help Mackinnon develop in the defensive zone then that would be ideal. Could the avs have maybe gotten a 3rd or 4th round pick out of it? Sure, but I don't think they are too concerned with a 4th. The percentage of 4th round picks that make the nhl is so small anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad