Avs suffering (on ice) because of owner neglect?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17434052?source=rss

Columnist in response to fan question:

Broken-hearted fans of the Avalanche and Nuggets must wonder if Kroenke now loves the St. Louis Rams and the Arsenal soccer club more than us. Hey, we don't require flowers on Valentine's Day. We need a reason to believe the Nuggies and Avs are something more than an excuse to keep the arena open between concert dates with Linkin Park.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Mark Kiszla's the local joke columnist, but he's got a reasonable point here.

Fugu

Mark Kiszla's the local joke columnist, but he's got a reasonable point here.

Isn't Stan precluded from handling the Avs and Nuggets operational matters by the NFL constitution? I know he worked to keep the teams in the family, but in order for him to be approved to buy the Rams, he had to transfer ownership to his son, iirc.

To me, that also means that he's not supposed to get involved with the operation of either team.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
His son Josh handles the operations, so technically they are separate. It's still the same Wal-Mart money, although it's possible that his son either cares less or is more incompetent.

When the elder Kroenke bought the team, it was well-known (to us conspiracy theorists at least :) ) that basketball was his thing, and not hockey.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Once the lockout happened and the cap was placed, Kroenke seemed to stop caring about the Avs entirely and doesnt seem to want to put much money into the team. I guess the Avs dont matter to him now that he can't just buy a top tier team.

I would honestly like to see a new owner entirely buy the Avs, someone who cares about hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->