Avs suffering (on ice) because of owner neglect?

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by LadyStanley, Feb 20, 2011.

1. LadyStanley

LadyStanley RIP Fugu

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17434052?source=rss

Columnist in response to fan question:

2. Bear of Bad News

Bear of Bad News HFBoards Escape Goat

Mark Kiszla's the local joke columnist, but he's got a reasonable point here.

3. Fugu

Fugu Guest

Isn't Stan precluded from handling the Avs and Nuggets operational matters by the NFL constitution? I know he worked to keep the teams in the family, but in order for him to be approved to buy the Rams, he had to transfer ownership to his son, iirc.

To me, that also means that he's not supposed to get involved with the operation of either team.

4. Bear of Bad News

Bear of Bad News HFBoards Escape Goat

His son Josh handles the operations, so technically they are separate. It's still the same Wal-Mart money, although it's possible that his son either cares less or is more incompetent.

When the elder Kroenke bought the team, it was well-known (to us conspiracy theorists at least :) ) that basketball was his thing, and not hockey.

5. forsbergavs32

forsbergavs32 Registered User

Once the lockout happened and the cap was placed, Kroenke seemed to stop caring about the Avs entirely and doesnt seem to want to put much money into the team. I guess the Avs dont matter to him now that he can't just buy a top tier team.

I would honestly like to see a new owner entirely buy the Avs, someone who cares about hockey.