Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Werner

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
2137C3DA-D7E9-4049-BDD8-DAEEC626C83A.png

Got this email from work(which is at the Pepsi Center). Looks like Werner will be in the A next year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm guessing seals the deal that Frank gets a shot as a the backup and Varly is donezo
Not sure if that seals anything except Martin is probably gone from our organization.

Werner is a good goaler though, he's more shot blocker with good positioning than athletic, but he has the size to be an NHLer if he's able to develop to the NA style of hockey.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Good, I was wondering if he'd make the jump or not. Guess he's our new Martin. So long, Spence. So close to being Picks 2.0 yet so far.

But damn, that boy needs to put on some serious mass. 6'5 and only 200? Gumby would be proud.

Reactions: missionAvs

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Really happy with this news. I always had a good feeling about Werner. Hopefully he proves me right.
Congrats!!!

Now let's hear about Frankie getting the backup job behind Gru.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Knight’s going to college anyway.

If he’s drafted, that won’t manifest for years, likely

Drafted Goalies normally require 4-5 years to reach the NHL. I would love to get Knight, but the 16th could be better used in a trade or draft a player to produce much sooner.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Varly's gone after losing the 1G race to Grubs. That was likely the plan anyway, but I feel that it's a sure thing now.

Varly earns nearly $6M per and Grubs approx. $3.3M.

There is no chance he would accept a massive paycut around the same amount as Grubs or less to be a backup.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Varly earns nearly $6M per and Grubs approx. $3.3M.

There is no chance he would accept a massive paycut around the same amount as Grubs or less to be a backup.
True but I cant see any team giving VArly 6 stacks after the season he just had. Varly is now in that Sean Burke realm once a competent starter but now he could be a solid back up somewhere.

Reactions: RumpleSnipeSkin

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Drafted Goalies normally require 4-5 years to reach the NHL. I would love to get Knight, but the 16th could be better used in a trade or draft a player to produce much sooner.
Yeah? That’s my point. This signing impacts nothing on it

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
He did good, but i wouldn't have that high expectations if i were you. Fact is that he wasn't able to convince our coaches that he was our number one so they prefered the 35 year old veteran instead. He could become good enough for you guys, but probably not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad