Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Peyton Jones to ELC

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Lol could you imagine taking Merzlikins and paying him and AHL salary for 80% of the season because they want depth on the taxi squad. Sakic is a human. This isn’t a video game. There’s a personable side to this business.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Falling behind Vegas and St Louis so they have home ice in the playoffs (or others on the re-seeding) can hurt their chances at the Cup.
You don’t think that can be addressed in a matter of 24 hours if it possibly becomes a problem? He turned Ian Cole into 1.2M in cap space in one afternoon two days ago. Dell was literally just waived for free. If Sakic needs an extra goalie, he’ll get one. He isn’t going to overreact about the quality of their taxi squad goalie.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Lol could you imagine taking Merzlikins and paying him and AHL salary for 80% of the season because they want depth on the taxi squad. Sakic is a human. This isn’t a video game. There’s a personable side to this business.
Haha, I didn't mean to imply that Merzlikins would be put on the taxi squad. Merzlikins/Grubauer would be the main tandem and we'd carry 3 goalies, or simply trade or taxi squad Francouz.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Haha, I didn't mean to imply that Merzlikins would be put on the taxi squad. Merzlikins/Grubauer would be the main tandem and we'd carry 3 goalies, or simply trade or taxi squad Francouz.
Avs couldn’t afford to carry 3 goalies until yesterday and if they trade Francouz they’re still without a solid taxi squad goalie which appears to be the end of the world on HFBoards so that doesn’t fix that.

It’s just people who need anything to complain about that’s all. Such a minor issue. And actually, not even an issue yet. And if it becomes an issue it’s easily solved. The real issue is needing a goalie in the playoffs and I feel confident that gets addressed.

Reactions: LTC Pain

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Realistically, Elvis would have been the starter. Frank would have been the one waived.

You don’t think that can be addressed in a matter of 24 hours if it possibly becomes a problem? He turned Ian Cole into 1.2M in cap space in one afternoon two days ago. Dell was literally just waived for free. If Sakic needs an extra goalie, he’ll get one. He isn’t going to overreact about the quality of their taxi squad goalie.

Yeah potentially it could be fixed quick. The question is more around it being a priority. Sakic hasn't shown it to ever be a priority and still hasn't at this point. That could easily change, but at this point we don't have any evidence of the urgency behind them finding a #3G... or any goalie in general.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
They should have moved on from one of Frank or Gru and upgraded one of the first 2 goalie positions realistically. We’re not going to be able to afford to upgrade at both G and 3C this year

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Realistically, Elvis would have been the starter. Frank would have been the one waived.

Yeah potentially it could be fixed quick. The question is more around it being a priority. Sakic hasn't shown it to ever be a priority and still hasn't at this point. That could easily change, but at this point we don't have any evidence of the urgency behind them finding a #3G... or any goalie in general.
Waive your .923sv% goalie that was one of the main reasons the Avs almost caught the Blues down the stretch who you just so happened to sign to a 2 year extension in the middle of that stretch? Again, it’s not a video game. GM’s outside of Las Vegas don’t do those types of things to their dressing room.

Reactions: Metallo

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
They should have moved on from one of Frank or Gru and upgraded one of the first 2 goalie positions realistically. We’re not going to be able to afford to upgrade at both G and 3C this year
Do you mean that we won't afford it due to capspace? Or due to not having the assets?

Either way, in reality we'll have around up to $10m or more in deadline capspace, which can be used to acquire several players.

And in terms of assets we have plenty of ammunition, not that every acquisition necessarily has to be expensive.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Sakic should acquire a starting goalie and then pull the 'Jason Spezza special' by taxi squad'ing Francouz while having Francouz say publicly that he's injured or considering retiring or some other story to put other teams off.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com

I don't disagree, but realistically, what could they have done to upgrade the goaltending?

I mean, they probably could've gotten Lehner, but I still wonder about his long-term viability as a franchise starter. I really like him, but I'm still not 100% convinced there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Waive your .923sv% goalie that was one of the main reasons the Avs almost caught the Blues down the stretch who you just so happened to sign to a 2 year extension in the middle of that stretch? Again, it’s not a video game. GM’s outside of Las Vegas don’t do those types of things to their dressing room.

The GM in Vegas also has the best goalie tandem in the league too. Frank gets far too much leeway around here. He has a number of issue in his game and is now showing some injury questions. The .923 is a mirage.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The GM in Vegas also has the best goalie tandem in the league too. Frank gets far too much leeway around here. He has a number of issue in his game and is now showing some injury questions. The .923 is a mirage.
I can't believe people still think he should be given a chance to play above Grubauer.

Reactions: henchman21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->