Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Justus Annunen to 3-year ELC

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I just have way less faith in Annunen than you do. He isn't ready yet, plain and simple, and he wouldn't help the Avs win. Maybe someday, he will be, but not this year. Putting Annunen in would be a disaster for both the Avs and the kid. Go ahead and ruin JoJo's mojo if you want, because he doesn't have an NHL future anyway, but don't risk hurting your best goalie prospect in years when you know he isn't ready yet.

It's really not about having faith in Annunen. I think he has some promise, but who the hell knows with goalies.

I'm also one of the few or only people that have brought up how he struggled with his glove hand at the WJC, and needed to work on it, and I'm aware he didn't have a very good season this year.

It's just that I have no faith at all in Miska or JJ, and very little faith in Dubnyk based on how he's looked. He looks slow af on his save attempts like he doesn't really care. I don't see much of any battle in him.

So it just doesn't make sense to me to go with the option I have no faith in, just because the other option is unproven. Like I said, I might give JJ or Dubnyk one game, but if they dropped the ball again, that's all they're getting.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
My guess is Zach Redmond!

EmptyHiddenFlyingfish-max-1mb.gif

I think I was making a dumb joke about Wilson being MIA at the time though.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's really not about having faith in Annunen. I think he has some promise, but who the hell knows with goalies.

I'm also one of the few or only people that have brought up how he struggled with his glove hand at the WJC, and needed to work on it, and I'm aware he didn't have a very good season this year.

It's just that I have no faith at all in Miska or JJ, and very little faith in Dubnyk based on how he's looked. He looks slow af on his save attempts like he doesn't really care. I don't see much of any battle in him.

So it just doesn't make sense to me to go with the option I have no faith in, just because the other option is unproven. Like I said, I might give JJ or Dubnyk one game, but if they dropped the ball again, that's all they're getting.
I just think "unproven" and "failure" are the same thing, from the Avs perspective at least. Both will lead to an early end to the season, but one could wreck your best goalie prospect. Seems like an easy choice to me to wave the white flag with Dubnyk when waving the white flag with Annunen would potentially ruin your flag.

Reactions: klozge

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I just think "unproven" and "failure" are the same thing, from the Avs perspective at least. Both will lead to an early end to the season, but one could wreck your best goalie prospect. Seems like an easy choice to me to wave the white flag with Dubnyk.

They could lead to the same result, but technically they're not the same thing. You can't be unproven and a failure at the same time.

I think I'd have to give Dubnyk one game though in the playoffs based on his pedigree. He's got about as short a leash as possible though. Like my hand is on his collar basically.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
They could lead to the same result, but technically they're not the same thing. You can't be unproven and a failure at the same time.

I think I'd have to give Dubnyk one game though in the playoffs based on his pedigree. He's got about as short a leash as possible though. Like my hand is on his collar basically.
You can't be both at once, but the end result is the same, that's what I mean. Series loss, end of season. If the odds of both are 99.999%, there's no meaningful difference.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
I would take the risk if I felt he was good enough, of course I would take the risk, at worst he will mature quicker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad