Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign Justin Barron to ELC

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Nathan MacKinnon approves :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I wonder what took them so long. His season ended a bit ago and from the mooseheads media it was obvious he was going pro. The Eagles season is coming to a close soon, you'd think they'd have signed him a week ago and gotten a start on that work visa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psycho Mantis

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Nathan MacKinnon approves :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I wonder what took them so long. His season ended a bit ago and from the mooseheads media it was obvious he was going pro. The Eagles season is coming to a close soon, you'd think they'd have signed him a week ago and gotten a start on that work visa.
Makes you wonder if he hasn't been signed for awhile and they just now announced it?

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
He probably wanted to go home and see his family for a week before heading to the US. Not a big deal it took this long to sign him.

The organization might have even learned from the Newhook signing where he was in Visa limbo for 5 days.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He probably wanted to go home and see his family for a week before heading to the US. Not a big deal it took this long to sign him.

The organization might have even learned from the Newhook signing where he was in Visa limbo for 5 days.
I don’t think he has ever not lived with his family

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Anyone know the structure of the deal/bonuses? Whatever the case this is good news.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It'll slide no matter what this year as long as he doesn't play more than 6 nhl games, which he won't. It just won't slide next year

Barron is 20 this year... which means the contract won't slide at all. It depends on which year it starts.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Barron is 20 this year... which means the contract won't slide at all. It depends on which year it starts.

So this burns a year off the contract? Or am I misunderstanding the term “slide”? I could be mistaken, but it should slide given that Barron is 19 in the 2021 season?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So this burns a year off the contract? Or am I misunderstanding the term “slide”? I could be mistaken, but it should slide given that Barron is 19 in the 2021 season?

After March 1st, teams have the ability to sign ELCs for the following season. So the Avs could be signing Barron to a 21-22 ELC and it starts next year. Or they could be signing him to a 20-21 ELC which would burn a year. Because Barron turns 20 between Sep 16 and Dec 31 of this year, he is ineligible for any slide.

Reactions: Perratrooper

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Doesn't even mention him playing for The Eagles this year. Most often there's a snippet that says something to the effect of, "He will report to The Colorado Eagles, the Avalanche AHL affiliate."
For what it's worth, the Eagles posted their own update about this, but it was only a link to the same article, so nothing about whether they expect him this year or next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad