Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Jordan Gross, RD

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
upload_2021-7-31_16-49-33-png.458285

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
We have fully committed to speed and skill. Other than EJ we have no big bodies on D

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Huge signing. Solidifies our RD.
The AHL D group does look like it's complete, but we could still use a good PK'ing RHD for the 3rd pairing. I guess the plan is to give Barron/McKeown a chance to earn that spot though.

With Gilbert, Middleton, and Englund at LHD (none of which move the puck very well) beyond MacDonald it makes a lot of sense that they added another puckmoving RHD to balance the pairs a bit.

Toews -- Makar
Girard -- Johnson
Byram -- ______
MacDermid

MacDonald -- Barron
Gilbert -------- McKeown
Middleton ---- Gross
Englund ------ Clurman

Leivermann -- Helleson
Zhuravlyov
Behrens

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
He'll most likely just be our top-pair AHL guy, as he almost certainly won't get claimed on waivers.

He's a typical Avs D though, just lol at this point. Still don't have anyone on the bottom pair to kill penalties.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
The AHL D group does look like it's complete, but we could still use a good PK'ing RHD for the 3rd pairing. I guess the plan is to give Barron/McKeown a chance to earn that spot though.

With Gilbert, Middleton, and Englund at LHD (none of which move the puck very well) beyond MacDonald it makes a lot of sense that they added another puckmoving RHD to balance the pairs a bit.

Toews -- Makar
Girard -- Johnson
Byram -- ______
MacDermid

MacDonald -- Barron
Gilbert -------- McKeown
Middleton ---- Gross
Englund ------ Clurman

Leivermann -- Helleson
Zhuravlyov
Behrens

I think the plan is for JMac to make the opening roster behind EJ, and one of Macdermid/McKeown will plug in in case of injury depending on the side, and Barron will be called up only if multiple guys go down. If it doesn't work (and it won't) Sakic will try to trade a prospect for a dman at the deadline

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I think the plan is for JMac to make the opening roster behind EJ, and one of Macdermid/McKeown will plug in in case of injury depending on the side, and Barron will be called up only if multiple guys go down. If it doesn't work (and it won't) Sakic will try to trade a prospect for a dman at the deadline
We are one inevitable injury away from having MacDonald and MacDermid on the 3rd pairing.

And that's just with one injury. All of our Dmen missed time last year and with just two injuries we're talking about having MacDonald in the top 4...

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
We are one inevitable injury away from having MacDonald and MacDermid on the 3rd pairing.

And that's just with one injury. All of our Dmen missed time last year and with just two injuries we're talking about having MacDonald in the top 4...
I fully expect Makar to miss 10-15 games as per the usual. Just have to hope G, Toews and Bo stay healthy all year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad