Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Jack Johnson to 1 year, $750K deal

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well, JJ ended up with the 3rd most ice time among dmen after Makar and Girard.

He played more minutes than Murray, EJ and Byram.

Reactions: Perratrooper

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Which is rather a shame because Bo looked awesome tonight and I want to see him getting the minutes. JJ was better than expected but he's still got the look of a lost defender looking to get bailed out on occasion. He's got such a good structure around him that he can get away with it, but he's nowhere near as steady as EJ and doesn't have the skills of the others to calmly make a play to relieve pressure in the D zone.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
JMFJ isn't a #1 D man by any stretch of the imagination but if he plays like he did last night on a regular basis I say he's a nice #5/#6 Dman if that's the role he is put in by the coaches.

One thing where he adds more that i expected is that he's got some snarl to his game. He'll lay guys out if/when he can catch them and he's not afraid to man up along the boards and in the corners. A helluva lot better than Nemeth at least.

Reactions: Roy33 and Bender

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
JMFJ isn't a #1 D man by any stretch of the imagination but if he plays like he did last night on a regular basis I say he's a nice #5/#6 Dman if that's the role he is put in by the coaches.

One thing where he adds more that i expected is that he's got some snarl to his game. He'll lay guys out if/when he can catch them and he's not afraid to man up along the boards and in the corners. A helluva lot better than Nemeth at least.

JJ has always had a physical aspect to his game. Him and EJ both were expected to score more though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

That’s because JJ played 4 minutes short handed. At ES Byram was third behind Makar and Girard. I’m not too worried about Byram’s toi, they seem pretty clear on his role as a minute muncher at even strength which depending on the penalty minutes will fluctuate his toi per game. They did give him a pk shift and hopefully mix in some pp eventually.

But back to JJ, he’s fit in decently but it feels like a battle between he and Murray at this point and I think JJ is winning. That was an awesome goal last night, he deserved it.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
JJ has always had a physical aspect to his game. Him and EJ both were expected to score more though.
Yeah, you might be right, I’ve never really followed his game much.

It’s good to see Johnson and Johnson playing physical along with O’Conner and Landeskog. Ranta can play physical too although he wasn’t a big force last night.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If JJ can play like this on a nightly basis and if by some miracle our defense is fully healthy, I wouldn't mind rotating between JJ, EJ, and Murray since the latter two are injury prone. Give those two some maintenance days so they're healthy in the postseason.

Reactions: Roy33

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I´m happy for JMFJ... This guy went through some horrible stuff with his own family. And man, did he burn that puck. If this is any indication on how this season will unfold, i´m in Baby.....

I really look forward to saturday when the "dog" enters the ring. MacKinnon will put a show on the ice, i´m absolutely sure.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The JJ cycle has begun. Plays well with limited minutes and weaker competition, coach likes what he sees, coach ups ice time. JJ starts playing above his head, makes dumdum plays and he gets exposed. Coach never loses blind spot for JJ, fans get sick of him and the GM finally gets rid of him. Then he waits for his next pigeon.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Which is rather a shame because Bo looked awesome tonight and I want to see him getting the minutes. JJ was better than expected but he's still got the look of a lost defender looking to get bailed out on occasion. He's got such a good structure around him that he can get away with it, but he's nowhere near as steady as EJ and doesn't have the skills of the others to calmly make a play to relieve pressure in the D zone.

Byram played the 3rd most minutes at 5v5 of the Dmen, behind only Girard and Makar.

JJ's overall minutes were inflated by 2 minutes on the PK.

upload_2021-10-17_0-53-57.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad