Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Igor Shvyrev

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It will be really nice to have him in the fold next year. He could really shine in the AHL next season.

Reactions: cgf

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm intrigued. I don't know much about him but didn't he only go in the 5th round because people thought he'd never come over? I'm still not going to get my hopes up too much about him staying and developing in the AHL for however long it takes but this is a start.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Who needs Tavares any more? :naughty:

...nice to see GM cgf's trip to russia bore fruit :sarcasm:

Nice, we should have a decent AHL team next year. I'm hoping they really give these kids some time together to get comfortable and build chemistry.

I'm going to be both furious & elated to watch a Greer-Kamenev-Shvyryov line in the AHL :laugh:
I'm intrigued. I don't know much about him but didn't he only go in the 5th round because people thought he'd never come over? I'm still not going to get my hopes up too much about him staying and developing in the AHL for however long it takes but this is a start.

He also hasn't crushed it on the NT circuit to become one of Hockey Russia's chosen children. Which has hurt his exposure as well. Kid is going to move to the wing in NA, but his shot, hands, & creativity are wonderful. Throw in decent size & skating, and this kid could be a real gem :yo:
For Avs it's better that he's in Loveland than on the fourth line in KHL.

He wasn't even on the 4th line in the KHL, kid didn't even get a regular shift last season. So unless Magnita was turning to their kids next season after age finally caught up to them, Loveland will be a much better next step.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Who needs Tavares any more? :naughty:

...nice to see GM cgf's trip to russia bore fruit :sarcasm:

I'm going to be both furious & elated to watch a Greer-Kamenev-Shvyryov line in the AHL :laugh:

He also hasn't crushed it on the NT circuit to become one of Hockey Russia's chosen children. Which has hurt his exposure as well. Kid is going to move to the wing in NA, but his shot, hands, & creativity are wonderful. Throw in decent size & skating, and this kid could be a real gem :yo:

He wasn't even on the 4th line in the KHL, kid didn't even get a regular shift last season. So unless Magnita was turning to their kids next season after age finally caught up to them, Loveland will be a much better next step.

I think his future at center is much brighter. Fits his game much better IMO. Especially on smaller ice.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think his future at center is much brighter. Fits his game much better IMO. Especially on smaller ice.

Really? I worry about his skating at Center since it's just fine & he's not exactly a speed demon; and have similar concerns about the greater responsibilities against the puck at Center taking away from his creativity with it. I'd want him to have the puck on his stick a lot despite playing on the wing, a la Mikko, Tanguay or Jost; but I have more concerns about him being allowed to just go out there & create if he's developed as a center.

Or do you think that playing off the boards rather than through the middle would take away too much ice for him to bring all of his offensive potential to bare from the wing?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This has been a great start to the offseason!

I haven't seen him play personally, but based on his numbers and what has been said here he has a decent talent level.

So what are we expecting here? AHL only since he wasn't drafted by a CHL team?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Last time i was that excited was when we signed Mironov ... but i trust @cgf on this one. Bonafide stud incomming.

For what it's worth, I did say repeatedly last summer that Mironov could've become Gudas-esque for us if all went well...granted I was saying "Gudas at best" to try & keep the hype about him from getting out of control, rather than as a prognostication of what I was expecting, but still something for folks to know while deciding how much weight to put behind my Shvyry love :laugh:

Reactions: McMetal

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
For what it's worth, I did say repeatedly last summer that Mironov could've become Gudas-esque for us if all went well...granted I was saying "Gudas at best" to try & keep the hype about him from getting out of control, rather than as a prognostication of what I was expecting, but still something for folks to know while deciding how much weight to put behind my Shvyry love :laugh:
I trust you just as much as on AJ Greer. None.

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad