Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Ian Cole (3 years, $4.25M/yr)

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I like coles game a lot. The only thing that bothers me is when he tries pinching at questionable moments when he’s probably gonna lose the foot race

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I was reading an article in the Athletic about the Hagelin/Pearson trade that mentioned that one of the reasons the Pens traded Cole was due to a strained relationship with Mike Sullivan. Does anyone know anything about this?

Rumor is it was related to his friendliness with the media.

We never know in Pittsburgh because we live in a 1984 style media zone where our hockey team controls have the articles written.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I was reading an article in the Athletic about the Hagelin/Pearson trade that mentioned that one of the reasons the Pens traded Cole was due to a strained relationship with Mike Sullivan. Does anyone know anything about this?

I think what you can extrapolate from that and reports that many other players aren't getting along with him is this: Mike Sullivan is a major asshole.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Rumor is it was related to his friendliness with the media.

We never know in Pittsburgh because we live in a 1984 style media zone where our hockey team controls have the articles written.
Explains why Cole is fitting in so well here then.

Reactions: cgf

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

I remember it was reported their was a strain, and not long after Cole was a healthy scratch multiple times in a row (asinine on the Pens defense).

In fact, trade rumors began swirling, and the Avalanche were linked to him.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Even with how poor he played in Pittsburgh, I think he's been a fantastic addition to this point. Count me as one of the guys who hated the signing initially, but he's been a really good presence on the blueline. I love how much he communicates on the ice, he's always coaching other young players.

Reactions: MacBradley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad