Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign Byram to ELC

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I know Byram wasn't your first draft choice cgf but JB has to give the kid enough minutes to develop and fully realize his abilities. Sakic didn't merely draft the kid to be a third-liner.

**** it. I give up.

Lol this place.

There’s nothing wrong with rotating Byram through the 5/6/7 D spots if he isn’t ready for the NHL at full time minutes.

There’s every chance he isn’t ready for the NHL at all and spends his 9 games or less before going back to the W.

Drafting Byram to hopefully be a top2 D has literally nothing to do with how Bednar will play him if - and that’s a pretty big IF - he sticks with the big club this year.

If Byram somehow manages to be more than a rotational bottom pairing guy this year, Avs fans should be ecstatic.

Edit: and just a general note. If you can’t handle spelling BYRAM properly, you have options - Bo, BB - it’s not hard.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Byram wants to play for the Colorado Avalanche next season. He needs to get stronger but he is already one of the physically matured players from the draft. He just does not realize it. He could be probably close to NHL ready. If the Vancouver Canucks can throw in Petterson who is skinny as a match, then I don't think that Byram will have any issues in playing for us. He can play with a line together with Zadorov if anyone is concerned about Byram not being physically ready to play in the NHL.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Byram wants to play for the Colorado Avalanche next season. He needs to get stronger but he is already one of the physically matured players from the draft. He just does not realize it. He could be probably close to NHL ready. If the Vancouver Canucks can throw in Petterson who is skinny as a match, then I don't think that Byram will have any issues in playing for us. He can play with a line together with Zadorov if anyone is concerned about Byram not being physically ready to play in the NHL.

giphy.gif

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
For us idiots at home can you explain how it does work?

I mean, I don't really want to have to get into the differences between playing forward and defence, is that what you're asking? But it should be pretty obvious that the skillsets and necessary physical traits to succeed at either vary wildly, particularly as an 18-19 year old in the NHL.

And I'm not convinced that Byram wouldn't be fine in a bottom pairing role - at least for a while - but Pettersson succeeding at 6'1+ 175lb as a center that makes a living not getting hit has nothing to do with whether or not Byram will be good enough to stick this year.

If he does struggle with the physicality putting him out with Zadorov doesn't achieve anything. Zadorov beside him won't stop him being the target of every zone entry.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I mean, I don't really want to have to get into the differences between playing forward and defence, is that what you're asking? But it should be pretty obvious that the skillsets and necessary physical traits to succeed at either vary wildly, particularly as an 18-19 year old in the NHL.

And I'm not convinced that Byram wouldn't be fine in a bottom pairing role - at least for a while - but Pettersson succeeding at 6'1+ 175lb as a center that makes a living not getting hit has nothing to do with whether or not Byram will be good enough to stick this year.

If he does struggle with the physicality putting him out with Zadorov doesn't achieve anything. Zadorov beside him won't stop him being the target of every zone entry.

Nobody wants to really dump the puck into Z's corner as it is so if Byram was out there that be like porkchop to a lion for NHL forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad