Avs Schedule

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I like that the Nashville game is our second and not our first. I don't think we've won on opening night when we retire a jersey in a while. Let MacKinnon get his feet wet in his first game and hopefully he'll be more confident and relaxed for the Nashville game.

I agree I'm glad they didn't choose Nashville as the first game. I swear that the Avs won when Duchene had his first game and Sakic jersey retirement? I think they lost Landy first game and Forsberg retirement though.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
So what's the schedule breakdown? I'm only counting 4 games in division. I thought there would be more than that (hoping for more games in Nashville).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=678238

Western Conference (7-Team Divisions)

Within Conference (Division): 29 games

* 5 games vs. five teams (3 Home/2 Away vs. two teams, 2 Home/3 Away vs. three teams) AND 4 games vs. one team (2 Home/2 Away). Teams rotated on a yearly basis.

* 5 X 5 =25 games

* 1 X 4 = 4 games

Within Conference (Non-Division): 21 games

* 3 games vs. each team (2 Home/1 Away vs. four teams, 1 Home/2 Away vs. three teams). Teams rotated on a yearly basis.

* 3 X 7 = 21 games

Non-Conference: 32 games

* 2 games vs. each team (1 Home/1 Away)

* 2 X 16 = 32 games

(Exception: one team from each division plays one less game inside Division and one more game inside Conference outside Division)

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Question for you Denverites

Looking to make a weekend road trip down to the city. On October 27, the Broncos play home to the Redskins at 2:25 MT. And on that same day, the Avs play home to the Jets at 6:00 MT.

Is it logistically possible to attend both?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Don't know how long throwball games are, but considering travel Lightrail goes past both Pepsi Centre and Mile High Stadium. You can walk as well, takes longer, but isn't impossible.

http://www.rtd-denver.com/LightRail_Map.shtml

Scroll down to see map.

- The Mile High spot isn't technically at the stadium, you'll have to walk a few blocks to get there.
- The Pepsi Centre is right at the rink.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
Question for you Denverites

Looking to make a weekend road trip down to the city. On October 27, the Broncos play home to the Redskins at 2:25 MT. And on that same day, the Avs play home to the Jets at 6:00 MT.

Is it logistically possible to attend both?

I'd say so. Football games are about 2.5 to 3 hours. You can walk to Pepsi in about 20 from Mile High or its about a 5 minute drive (without traffic, which won't be the case).

Its definitely do-able.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yes absolutely. I've done it before and it works out just fine. NFL games are closer to 3-3.5 hours long so typically the Broncos end around 5:30. Your best bet is to take the light rail from Sports Authority to the Pepsi Center rather than walk or drive. If you take the Sports Authority station to the Pepsi Center station it is literally the very next stop, less than 5 minute ride. There is a new station opening to the south of Sports Authority I think it is called the Federal station and it would be a shorter walk but longer ride (prob 10 mins) vs a longer walk and shorter ride from the previous stop I mentioned. I wouldnt try to walk, one stadium is on one side of the interstate and the other is on the other side, there is no actual street that you can walk from one to the other. (The light rail station is on a specific path they made that goes under the interstate). Driving would be a nightmare trying to get out of one parking lot and then going to the other unless you left pretty early. Either way it is absolutely doable and many people combine the two. It's always fun seeing people doing double duty with the jerseys at each of those games. Good luck and definitely report on your experience!

Last edited:

nate1988

Apr 4, 2013
Denver, CO
Hey avs fans, sabres fan here, I come in peace. Wasn't sure where to post this, but was wondering if any of you locals could help me out. I am a die hard hockey fan, sabres specifically and relocated to Denver in March. I've been excited to catch up with the avs as a new team to follow and support, being in the area and was wondering what the best option would be getting tickets to games. I noticed in the little time I was here at the end of last year tickets on stub hub were really cheap, and picked up tickets to a couple games where I paid more for a service charge than the ticket itself. Is this the norm, or kinda end of a painful year kinda thing? I was wondering, bc I plan on going definitely when the sabres are in town, and probably plan on going to atleast 8-10 games throughout the year. What would be my best option, going the stub hub route and hand pick games as they come, or ordering through the team at the beginning of the season and just having them all picked out. Thanks in advance for all the help guys, I look forward to seeing the Avs grow this year and get to know some of you on these boards!

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Hey avs fans, sabres fan here, I come in peace. Wasn't sure where to post this, but was wondering if any of you locals could help me out. I am a die hard hockey fan, sabres specifically and relocated to Denver in March. I've been excited to catch up with the avs as a new team to follow and support, being in the area and was wondering what the best option would be getting tickets to games. I noticed in the little time I was here at the end of last year tickets on stub hub were really cheap, and picked up tickets to a couple games where I paid more for a service charge than the ticket itself. Is this the norm, or kinda end of a painful year kinda thing? I was wondering, bc I plan on going definitely when the sabres are in town, and probably plan on going to atleast 8-10 games throughout the year. What would be my best option, going the stub hub route and hand pick games as they come, or ordering through the team at the beginning of the season and just having them all picked out. Thanks in advance for all the help guys, I look forward to seeing the Avs grow this year and get to know some of you on these boards!

It really depends on how the Avs do to be honest. When we were one of the best teams in the league tickets were expensive and hard to come by. The fan base is there they just don't go if the Avs suck.
If the Avs have another year where they're outside of the playoffs most of the year tickets will be easy to get. CHEAP on StubHub and incredibly cheap from scalpers (like $10 lower bowl cheap).
If the Avs start out like 10-0 and stay up top the whole year (lol) they'll be expensive. (But I assumed it's like that most places)
I would go game by game because of that. If you buy them all at the beginning they'll be more expensive than when the Avs start to suck. And the odds we're good and tickets become expensive are so small that it's worth the risk to wait, imo. We always catch more games towards the middle to end of the year. As the team starts to slide, so do the prices
Also, tickets are expensive against the Wings, Blackhawks, Penguins, etc even when the Avs suck. Sabres tickets will be cheap, though! :nod:

nate1988

Apr 4, 2013
Denver, CO
It really depends on how the Avs do to be honest. When we were one of the best teams in the league tickets were expensive and hard to come by. The fan base is there they just don't go if the Avs suck.
If the Avs have another year where they're outside of the playoffs most of the year tickets will be easy to get. CHEAP on StubHub and incredibly cheap from scalpers (like $10 lower bowl cheap).
If the Avs start out like 10-0 and stay up top the whole year (lol) they'll be expensive. (But I assumed it's like that most places)
I would go game by game because of that. If you buy them all at the beginning they'll be more expensive than when the Avs start to suck. And the odds we're good and tickets become expensive are so small that it's worth the risk to wait, imo. We always catch more games towards the middle to end of the year. As the team starts to slide, so do the prices
Also, tickets are expensive against the Wings, Blackhawks, Penguins, etc even when the Avs suck. Sabres tickets will be cheap, though! :nod:

awesome!! thanks a lot, I appreciate your input

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Welcome to Denver! Glad to have you as a new Avs fan and I hope the Sabres have a great season as well.

I agree with the point that the worse the Avs do the lower the tickets will go on the secondary market. However, the prices seen last season were unusual, even for a poor season. So I don't know if you can count on it going that low this season, it is possible though. I would wait and see how it goes, you can always watch the market and it would take several successful seasons to turn it all the way around to a seller's market. Sometimes there are select games, mostly during the week, that you can buy for half price through the team. I think it is on some discounted group plan, I'll post the link if it shows up again. The Avs also offer mini plans if you want to go that route. But until the Avs start winning Stubhub is probably your best bet. Good luck!

Also, you didn't ask but I'll offer my advice my favorite spots to sit are first row in the lower sections of the upper bowl and as low of a row as possible in the corner sections in the lower bowl. Both will be reasonably priced and offer an incredible view for the money.

Jul 10, 2012
Grand Forks, ND

Excellent, pretty much answers my question as well. Thinking of coming down for the Jets game in Oct too. The Avs were my favorite team for years since Jets 1.0 left. They still hold a very special place in my heart, even though they've slid down the rungs a bit :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->