Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Mikko Rantanen (6 years, $9.25M AAV)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You don't remember the playoffs? Rantanen was a big turd like 55 minutes of every game and then suddenly had something like 1+2 at the end of the match.

Mikko started the playoffs with a pretty bad rib/hip injury that he came back early from, and ended the playoffs with a broken foot. He was probably never close to 100%.

Reactions: Pokecheque

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Mikko started the playoffs with a pretty bad rib/hip injury that he came back early from, and ended the playoffs with a broken foot. He was probably never close to 100%.

This makes me think of the fact that hes been elbowed in the face in both games thus far. Also no wonder he looked like Bambi again.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Any NTC? Don't see one

I have no idea... was wondering that myself. There's no lockout protection. I haven't seen a NTC. And his last year is 6 million?

That seems... INCREDIBLY lopsided towards the avs to me.

It's not confirmed yet on Cap Friendly so it may trickle in later.

Realistically though, he got a NTC with that AAV. The Avs aren't trading him with that number.

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but just as an update, it looks like Mikko got a 9 team NTC in the final two years of his deal.

Mikko Rantanen - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: wayninja

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Is the cap hit essentially the AAV and the number being counted towards the teams total cap space?

As long as a contract is signed before the season starts -- as a player still gets their full salary, but the caphit has to be pro-rated to the games that they actually played -- yeah, your caphit will just be the AAV.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Aren't the teams in the NTC given before the season of that contract year? Like he would give his list in 5 years, not now.

Reactions: CB Joe

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Aren't the teams in the NTC given before the season of that contract year? Like he would give his list in 5 years, not now.
You are correct. I think he has to give a new list every year that he has an NTC in effect before the season start.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
I imagine the only reason we'd ever find out about the teams on any no trade list is if the Avs were trying to trade him. Hopefully we never find out.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
That was my understanding of it too. Either beginning of the season the NTC takes effect, or upon request by the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad