Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Mikko Rantanen (6 years, $9.25M AAV)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah that's definitely a thing. I'd wager that for most people, 9/10 of the foods they hate (that a lot of people like) are just due to the fact that they've had bad versions of that food.

I remember I used to hate sushi, but that's only because I'd been fed bland, poorly prepared versions. Sushi is now one of my favorite foods, and some of the sushi I had in Japan would make my top 5 in terms of best food I've ever eaten in a restaurant.

You have a point, but some things are just gross no matter what. Lima beans are one of those things.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
and decent second game as well. I still think that Avs is the winner in that deal and Mikko is not getting what he deserves.
Remember he earns $12mill in this first year. He is getting what he deserves now. Whether at the end of the 6 years he deserves more than the $6mill he gets will remain to be seen.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The way Mikko has started this year reveals a lot about his character. He's always been such an underrated leader.

Instead of counting his money and easing his way into the season like most guys coming off a big contract do, he made sure to train his ass off in Europe, and is playing like he wants to show everyone he's worth the big deal he almost held out to sign.

:clap:

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I'm glad we can put to rest early the idea that Mikko leaches off MacKinnon too. Nate hasn't been particularly good so far, and Mikko has dominated.

Well, they are definitely both enriched by each others presence, no matter who is getting the goals. Nate hasn't been "good", but just his presence makes Mikko's job a bit easier.

Not taking anything away, just saying that even when Nate is playing poorly, his linemates are still benefiting from the way defense have to play him.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
The way Mikko has started this year reveals a lot about his character. He's always been such an underrated leader.

Instead of counting his money and easing his way into the season like most guys coming off a big contract do, he made sure to train his ass off in Europe, and is playing like he wants to show everyone he's worth the big deal he almost held out to sign.

:clap:

Really excellent point. His teammates love him, he wants to win, and wants to be great.

Obviously he’s got a lot of skill, but Mikko is a true professional.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Those are the same people who said MacKinnon wouldn't amount to anything special.

I have to admit I lost hope for MacK. I thought he was never going to the superstar he is now. I guess everything looked super shite after the worst season in the franchise history.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Not a stretch to say Rantanen is consistently our best player. When MacKinnon is on like he was in the playoffs he's better, but Rantanen is just consistently good all the time.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Not a stretch to say Rantanen is consistently our best player. When MacKinnon is on like he was in the playoffs he's better, but Rantanen is just consistently good all the time.

You don't remember the playoffs? Rantanen was a big turd like 55 minutes of every game and then suddenly had something like 1+2 at the end of the match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->