Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Mikko Rantanen (6 years, $9.25M AAV)

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Licorice is awesome. Both sweet licorice and salt. In Sweden there are stores that only sell licorice. It's like paradise to go in there.

It's fairly popular to sell licorice wrapped in chocolate as well.

Reactions: 21 and Vaslof

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I'm convinced people who hate licorice just haven't had the same kind of licorice. Like how chocolate is different in America.

Reactions: MarkT

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I'm convinced people who hate licorice just haven't had the same kind of licorice. Like how chocolate is different in America.

Yeah that's definitely a thing. I'd wager that for most people, 9/10 of the foods they hate (that a lot of people like) are just due to the fact that they've had bad versions of that food.

I remember I used to hate sushi, but that's only because I'd been fed bland, poorly prepared versions. Sushi is now one of my favorite foods, and some of the sushi I had in Japan would make my top 5 in terms of best food I've ever eaten in a restaurant.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Licorice is awesome. Both sweet licorice and salt. In Sweden there are stores that only sell licorice. It's like paradise to go in there.

It's fairly popular to sell licorice wrapped in chocolate as well.

Sometimes really overpriced though. ;-) It's nice with the ongoing licorice trend though, not complaining.

I had one big disappointment this summer though, buying this Danish made chili licorice at the airport but nothing like I expected, weird taste. Or maybe it was me eating it while drinking beer....
handmade-og-organic-chili-50-g-60004-7405-1.jpg

Last edited:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I really like that the thread about the re-signing of our favorite Finn has turned into an in-depth discussion about a popular Finnish snack.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I haven't dove into the high end licorice industry no. I'm more of a chocolate fiend anyways

Well, then have you considered that your opinion of black licorice is based on you only ever having bad black licorice? Imagine you had only ever had that chalky fake chocolate you get in really cheap chocolate bars - what would your opinion of chocolate be then?

I'm not even a big licorice fan, but to say something is bad when you've never even tried a high quality version of it is wrong, in my opinion.

Reactions: Murzu

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Well, then have you considered that your opinion of black licorice is based on you only ever having bad black licorice? Imagine you had only ever had that chalky fake chocolate you get in really cheap chocolate bars - what would your opinion of chocolate be then?

I'm not even a big licorice fan, but to say something is bad when you've never even tried a high quality version of it is wrong, in my opinion.

There is no such thing as bad chocolate. How dare you.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm starting to suspect you haven't fully lived yet. The world is out there my young friend. Full of bad chocolate and great licorice. Just go out and seize it!
I'll get by somehow :laugh: I'm not a big foodie, I'm sure it's good though. Like any high quality/chef quality meal.

Reactions: MarkT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad