Confirmed Signing with Link: Avs re-sign Mark Barberio [2 years]

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Dammit, was hoping the Avs wouldn’t re-sign him, not because I want some other team to sign but because he’s not good...

Hes not a bad player at all. Good size, can skate, a little bit of offense. You can do a lot worse on the 3rd pairing.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Barberio seems like a nice guy, Habs waiving him and Avs putting in the claim was like the best thing that could've ever happened to him. He's done a good job and earned this deal.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Hes not a bad player at all. Good size, can skate, a little bit of offense. You can do a lot worse on the 3rd pairing.
Maybe it was because the Avs were missing EJ and had to give Barberio more minutes but he looked down right awful in their series against the Preds...

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
This signing makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Grats Mark, kept on truckin!

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Maybe it was because the Avs were missing EJ and had to give Barberio more minutes but he looked down right awful in their series against the Preds...

Ya you do not want him playing top minutes consistently or in the playoffs, but he had good stretches too. Was fantastic for a stretch with nemeth before getting hurt.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
We’ve had much worse as 5/6/7’s. Hope we’re healthy enough next year that he can consistently play that role instead of top 4.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

This is correct. EJ missing time meant he was playing above his usual role. Plus he just came back from being injured and not playing for like 3 months.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
A favourite player of mine when he was in Tampa, underrated. Logged quite many minutes with Avs last season and can be used in the PK, good skater and decent with the puck.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

I mean, yeah. Trying to put a #5/6 Dman in a top pairing role isn't going to be great. But he was pretty good for us in his role this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad