Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Mark Alt for 2 years

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I just hope he gets more opportunity with this contract. He played well in his limited time but hardly got any more opportunity since Bednar had his thing for Warsofsky

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
AHL: Siemens, Alt, Lindholm, Meloche, Warsofsky, Timmins, Boikov, Geertson
Seriously, our AHL team should be kicking ass next season as well.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I think the issue this season with him coming over is he didn't really learn the system. Warsoft knew the system so he got to play. Next season things are different and it's my suspicion that the bottom pair right D position is down to Timmins and Alt.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Honestly, I'm okay with them having Meloche on the slow burner. He's got really good potential and could be an all around defensemen in the mold of Josh Manson...or he could just be semi-tough guy maybe NHLer if rushed. At least that's how I see it.

In all fairness Meloche should be higher on the depth chart than Timmins. I'm sure EJ will step up and make sure one or both get their shot lol. Well unless hes spending all off-season drinking that milk he was talking about.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
So you're going to completely dismiss Meloche?

Well I honestly have no idea how well Meloche played this season because AHL refuses to release most stats, but he scored fewer points that Warsoft in 11 more games, and had the worst +/- on the team with -16. So what little information I have makes me suspect he starts the season with the Eagles. I'd normally say the same of Timmins, but Sakic specifically mentioned he'd be given a shot at the NHL level, so I think Alt represents their backup plan at bottom pair right D if Timmins needs time in the AHL. Now, if someone has information in Meloche that says that -16 isn't representative of his play, then I'm happy to add him into the mix for that bottom pair position.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I don’t think Geertsen gets a contract and the only guy probably a lock to start in the ECHL is Josh Anderson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->