Confirmed with Link: Goodbye Kamenev

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
He was starting to come around before his latest injury and I liked what I saw from him as well. He seemed to be finding his role as more of a defensive center with PK time. My only question is, who is he beating out if everyone is healthy? The bottom six is probably Compher, Donskoi, Wilson, Calvert, Nieto, and Bellemare to start the season. Injuries will occur so he'll likely get in there eventually but it's going to be tough for him.

We probably don’t get to game 1 with a fully healthy roster, and from there...

He should be the first guy in, so I expect we’ll see a good bit of him.

Reactions: Richard88

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Where the hell does he fit on the big club?

Also, whats the over/under for games played before injury if he sees time in the NHL?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
We may have a top 10 bottom 6 group in the league
How many 4th lines are better than Nieto - Bellemare - Calvert (/Kamenev)?

In my opinion that's an ideal 4th line, with 3 very good PKers, a good faceoff guy, and all of them being defensively solid. In Kamenev we also have a young and cheap guy with 3C upside who's decent at faceoffs and PKing too.

If you're being picky you may want a bit more offense out of them in the regular season, but Nieto and Calvert in particular have historically been excellent point producers in the playoffs (Calvert 14 points in 24 playoff games; Nieto 18 points in 41). For a 4th line they're probably $1-2m overpaid on average, but for our cap situation that's not a problem.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Just hoping he can stay healthy so the Avs see what they have in him.

He’s shown flashes, but hasn’t been very productive. But how could he be when he’s injured 75% of the time?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If he proves he's too good to not be playing I'd like to see us roll with something like:

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Burakovsky
Jost-Kadri-Rantanen
JTC-Kamenev-Donskoi
Wilson/Nieto-Bellemare-Calvert

I’d drop Wilson over Nieto for sure. I just love that 4th line and think Nieto is the ideal 4th liner. But I would really love to have that “problem”.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If he proves to actually be an NHLer who should be playing every night... I hope they trade Nieto + to get a Legit RHD into the fold.

I know Nieto isn't going to bring back a Top 4 guy or anything. But even a quality bottom pairing RHD would help this teams Defensive balance a lot. And if you add a pick or prospect, or offer to take back some salary maybe you even get a #4 RHD instead.

Dont really have anyone in particular off the top of my head to fill that void. But I do feel like our Right Side is hurting right now with just Makar and an unknown EJ and getting a steady Right shot into the fold for next season would be a nice insurance boost. Even if its someone overpaid that we can easily afford to take on for just one year, especially if it means getting a draft pick or something back.

Chris Tanev or David Savard perhaps two names that could make sense.

Reactions: Richard88

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
If he proves to actually be an NHLer who should be playing every night... I hope they trade Nieto + to get a Legit RHD into the fold.

I know Nieto isn't going to bring back a Top 4 guy or anything. But even a quality bottom pairing RHD would help this teams Defensive balance a lot. And if you add a pick or prospect, or offer to take back some salary maybe you even get a #4 RHD instead.

Dont really have anyone in particular off the top of my head to fill that void. But I do feel like our Right Side is hurting right now with just Makar and an unknown EJ and getting a steady Right shot into the fold for next season would be a nice insurance boost. Even if its someone overpaid that we can easily afford to take on for just one year, especially if it means getting a draft pick or something back.

Or your boy Risto.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Good news. I may not sip from the foundation if positively on most of our prospects like everyone else (specifically Timmins, Kaut and Greer) but I feel like I actually like Kam more than everyone else.

If he stays healthy he’ll be a big part of our bottom 6 IMO.

In all fairness to myself. I was saying there is at least a chance he beats one of Compher or Jost for a center slot before Sakic brought in Kadri/PEB.

His tool set is all around better than both of them. Given the same chance to ramp up his timing with everyone else I don't think it's out of the question. In the end I'm just saying lots of things are tried in camp.

Also when Bura comes in and looks like a beanie baby trying to play hockey, and Bednar Colbornes him. We'll be good.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019

I agree that a RHD would balance the defence. That said, with so many #6-7 defensemen already on the roster already (albeit mostly LHD's) I'd be hesitant to subtract from our finally good forward depth to acquire yet another #6 guy.

I'd be more inclined to do a straightforward defenseman swap, trading one of our LHD's (Connauton/Barberio/Graves/Rosén) for a RHD, and adding a pick or prospect if necessary, or taking on someone overpaid for an additional pick as well as you mentioned.

For example, something like: Barberio ($1.45m / 1 year) for Tanev ($4.45m/1year) + 3rd. I'm not sure if that's the sort of value Canucks put on Tanev and capspace, but that's the gist of a deal I mean. A trade like that would rebalance our LHD/RHD split and gets us a decent pick in exchange for $3m capspace, while not really messing with anything on the roster.

That all said, hopefully Meloche can snag that bottom-pairing RHD spot at camp, as if he's ready for the NHL he'd be a perfect fit.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
If he's going to beat out anyone, assuming everyone is healthy, it'll probably be Burkie.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019

How dare you

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I think it'd take a fair bit more than just Nieto to get him but ya I'd love to snag him up for cheap.
What would you offer for Ristolainen?

I suggested this on the main trade boards, but it's probably a bit underestimated in terms of what they'd want for him.

What sort of value would be reasonable for Ristolainen in a trade with Colorado?

Colorado could use another RHD given that only Makar and Johnson are RHD's on the roster, and if Ristolainen can be acquired a reasonable price it would be worth it to use the extra capspace to stack the defence a bit this season.

Girard ---- Makar
Zadorov -- Johnson
Cole ------ Ristolainen​

Included in the trade from Colorado would be a combination of:
  • a LHD - one of Connauton/Barberio/Graves/Rosén (I assume Cole is of no interest due to his current injury);
  • a prospect - eg. Bowers/Kamenev/Meloche/Hellesson/Kovelenko;
  • a draft pick (eg. COL 2021 2nd, or TOR 2020 3rd)
  • maybe also a bottom 6 forward like Nieto or Wilson could also be included if needed.
So for example:

Ristolainen <-----> Connauton + Kamenev/Bowers + COL 2021 2nd​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->