Confirmed with Link: Goodbye Kamenev

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So I would assume he’s the 13th forward but could also end up playing 3C/4c if Compher shows he’s more effective on the wing?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Penciled in as the 13th forward right now, I would say spending the whole season either in the lineup or the first man out would do just fine.

Reactions: Nihiliste

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Assume this means someone gets moved whether it be Greer or someone else if Greer also makes the roster correct? I supposed they could try to sneak AJG thru waivers but highly likely he would get picked up given his age and production in the A last year.

Weast

May 16, 2011
Greer is probably donezo,
he was in the doghog before his arrest

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good news. I may not sip from the foundation if positively on most of our prospects like everyone else (specifically Timmins, Kaut and Greer) but I feel like I actually like Kam more than everyone else.

If he stays healthy he’ll be a big part of our bottom 6 IMO.

He was starting to come around before his latest injury and I liked what I saw from him as well. He seemed to be finding his role as more of a defensive center with PK time. My only question is, who is he beating out if everyone is healthy? The bottom six is probably Compher, Donskoi, Wilson, Calvert, Nieto, and Bellemare to start the season. Injuries will occur so he'll likely get in there eventually but it's going to be tough for him.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Nieto and Wilson are the low hanging fruit there. Calvert is an organization favorite (ex CBJ), Compher is Compher on a new deal, Bellemare and Donskoi the acquisitions. I think Wilson can be edged out most easily of the 6.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’m the furthest thing from an AJ Greer fan. However I doubt very much he’s done. If there was even the slightest chance that his off ice incident could hold any type of negative consequence contractionally Greer and his agency would have already simply signed his QO and taken his same salary from last season.

They wouldn’t toy with that. There’s certainly a chance he’s traded or something but I doubt very much that the New York incident will play any role in his NHL future.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Both Kamenev and Greer are probably donezo. At least here, no room for them.
Kamenev will get plenty of opportunities this season as injuries always happen.

For comparison here's a list of forwards who got games last season on the bottom line:
  • Bourque....... 55 GP
  • Dries............ 40 GP
  • Kamenev..... 23 GP
  • Brassard..... 20 GP
  • Greer.......... 15 GP
  • Agozzino..... 11 GP
  • Dano........... 8 GP
  • O'Connor.... 5 GP
  • Toninato...... 2 GP
Our depth this season is admittedly much stronger than last, but whatever the case Kamenev is probably the ideal 13th forward to have. Young with upside, versatile (can play C or wing), decent at faceoffs (50%), and can PK.

If it turns out that Jost works well on the wing on the 2nd line, and that Compher is better suited to playing on the wing as well (which I think is the case), then Kamenev also has a reasonably good chance at taking the 3C spot too.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He was starting to come around before his latest injury and I liked what I saw from him as well. He seemed to be finding his role as more of a defensive center with PK time. My only question is, who is he beating out if everyone is healthy? The bottom six is probably Compher, Donskoi, Wilson, Calvert, Nieto, and Bellemare to start the season. Injuries will occur so he'll likely get in there eventually but it's going to be tough for him.
I think Kam will be given every opportunity to make the team out of camp. Bednar is going to ice his best team. If Kam looks better than Bellemare, Calvert, Wilson etc I expect he’ll play. Otherwise we only need 1 injury to see him in the lineup. That probably happens before the season even starts.

If a 13th forward stays healthy all year they’ll usually get 75 games in.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Assume this means someone gets moved whether it be Greer or someone else if Greer also makes the roster correct? I supposed they could try to sneak AJG thru waivers but highly likely he would get picked up given his age and production in the A last year.
Greer definitely goes through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->